Hi! :)

mkcole
mkcole Posts: 46
edited September 22 in Introduce Yourself
Hey MFPers,

I'm new to MFP but not to trying to loss weight.

My story actually started in May of 2008. I had my daughter in August of 2007 and while I was out shopping one day some little old lady asked me how old my daughter was and when number 2 was due. The fact that I wasn't pregnant was my aha moment that it was indeed time to start trying to lose weight.

I got up to 200 while I was pregnant and went to 185 pretty much within a week of giving birth but after that 185 hung around for months. In May of 2008 when I got asked that question I was like enough is enough. I joined weight watchers and spent the next year getting myself to 154. Some time after that I fell off track and gradually within the last year I have gained 11 lbs back, at 165 now. I'm a little disappointed about that but know now that I CAN do it. I started back (first wi tomorrow) and started doing Power 90 (day 1 as of today). I'm not doing wwers right now just calorie counting. I'm going to see how that goes first.

I've been on numerous weight loss forums/boards/blogs and needed a change of pace so I decided to join MFP and hope that i'll get some great support here and able to give some as well.

Here goes nothing!

Replies

• Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    wormy_waving.gif

Welcome to MFP
  • Welcome...this is a great place for support,all your up and downs...
    Let meknow if I can help =>
  • chipvb
    chipvb Posts: 19 Member
    Welcome, and best of luck with your goals.
  • I ran into an old high school friend in the early 1990s, and I made the mistake of asking when the baby was due. No way to take that kind of mistake back, but she's a hot momma now: flat stomach, toned arms and legs, and a rack that left some poor guy broke. Anyway, it's unfortunate that that's the motivational factor that steered you towards the weight-loss path, but I'm glad something did. Anyway, I hope that you lose all the weight that you feel the need to lose, and regain your youthful figure. Just know that there are a lot of people, and I do mean a lot of people willing to lend a helping hand when you hit a weight-loss roadblock. Good luck.
  • mkcole
    mkcole Posts: 46
    I ran into an old high school friend in the early 1990s, and I made the mistake of asking when the baby was due. No way to take that kind of mistake back, but she's a hot momma now: flat stomach, toned arms and legs, and a rack that left some poor guy broke. Anyway, it's unfortunate that that's the motivational factor that steered you towards the weight-loss path, but I'm glad something did. Anyway, I hope that you lose all the weight that you feel the need to lose, and regain your youthful figure. Just know that there are a lot of people, and I do mean a lot of people willing to lend a helping hand when you hit a weight-loss roadblock. Good luck.

I admit that the comment about when my "baby" was due hit me hard. I remember leaving the store and laughing about it but ended up crying about it later. Though it stung a little bless the little ladies heart because it was what I needed. If I hadn't heard it I may still be stuck at 185 and that would hurt worse than the extra 11 lbs i've gained back. Whatever it takes!
This discussion has been closed.