G'Day Everyone

homerecordingodyssey
edited September 22 in Introduce Yourself
Been using the Diary on my IPhone :-(

Had no idea I was consuming so many calories a day! No wonder I look like the side of a house :-)

Good luck with your weight loss everyone!

Andrew

Replies

• Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    it is amazing how quickly those little things add up.
  • MsLisaB
    MsLisaB Posts: 256
    I know what you mean! I was shocked when I started logging my food.

Welcome to MFP and good luck with your weight loss too. You'll find a ton of support here :smile:
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    My biggest shock was that I was adding 150 calories to a cup of coffee by not measuring the amount of creamer i was putting in. Times 2 cups equals 300 calories, which, coincidentally, is just about what i consume at breakfast in total now that I log my calories. Save 300 calories per day, times 50 days on MFP, 15,000 calories not consumed.:drinker:
  • It's a bit like that! But once you know, things make sense! Welcome :)
  • No kidding! I feel like an eating machine-hunger crazed food addict.! Thought I was doing great today
    but when I added it all up-I was quite surprised! It is worth the time to track eating--If I thought
    I was going good-I can only imagine another day with no thought except what sounded good at
    the moment! You are right--no wonder!!! (Its nice to know someone else is thinking the same thing!)
  • I did the Atkins Diet years ago and lost a fair amount of weight but could not keep it up because i like a Beer now and then and then and then :-)

Anyway, as a result of being on Atkins I started having fresh cream in my Coffee because there are no carbs in cream, got into the habit of this.

When I started this program I was shocked to realise that I am consuming over 600 calories a day just in my coffee!!!!!!!!

No more cream for me :-( That is 4 beers I could be drinking guilt free :-)

Funny, I am always saying "yeh but I don't eat that much", looks like I do, but it is in the form of Coffee and Cream.

Going to give up on the low carb thing completely and just concentrate on Calories in vs Calories out
This discussion has been closed.