Dramatic calorie restriction???

Options
2»

Replies

• jojo0909
    jojo0909 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Maggie1960: I totally agree with you. Weight loss should be done in a healthy way. For some of us, like myself, it is a life style change. I am seeing a registered dietician, and I am told over and over again: small, sustainable changes. My physician suggested no more than 1 pound a week weight loss. He stated that the higher weight loss per week, the less likely it can be maintained. He put it in perspective for me - 1 pound a week equals to 52 in a year. He stated, even if the weight loss was slower than a pound a week, that is better than going too fast.

I guess we all have our own "ways," but I find that "my" program mixed with the support from mfp is really helping me with my weight loss journey.

Thanks everyone
  • jimmydeanbakker
    Options
    Anybody with a calorie deficit of 1000 or more may be losing weight too fast. I haven't come across too many people eating less than 1200 calories. That's the standard that the majority of people live by. However, if a person weighs 300 pounds, they should be taking in more than 1200 calories. Losing weight should be a gradual process, and the individual should learn something about proper nutrition on the journey.