Hamburger helper with Turkey meat question????

RunConquerCelebrate
RunConquerCelebrate Posts: 956 Member
edited September 22 in Recipes
Ok I know that Hamburger helper is not the healthiest thing to eat but tonight was one of those nights that we needed a fast meal. We used Turkey meat instead of beef and 2% milk. But now I am having a hard time trying to figure out the calories that it had based on the portion that we ate. I added all three ingredients to the Recipes area according the box it makes 5 portions of 1 cup each I measured it and it was right. But when it calculates the calories for one portion it is showing me something like 180 or something like that. That seems low to me I am not sure if I am doing something wrong.

The box that we used was Whole Grain Hamburger helper cheeseburger macaroni, ground turkey lean.

Should I trust what the system is telling me or am I missing something?

Replies

• Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Did you manually add in the Hamburger Helper info and the turkey meat info from you package? That will be the only way to get it totally accurate since a lot of the foods in the database aren't necessarily listed correctly.

But 180 calories does seem low...it might be right, but red flags are going up. I would check with your packages.
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Is that portion prepared or is it just for the package ingredients and you still have to add your meat to it? Read the small print on the box with the calorie info.
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    RunConquerCelebrate Posts: 956 Member
    Is that portion prepared or is it just for the package ingredients and you still have to add your meat to it? Read the small print on the box with the calorie info.
    [/quote

This is what I added

Betty Crocker Hamburger Helper - Whole Grain Cheeseburger Macaroni As Packaged, 1 c 360
    Jennie-O Turkey Store - Ground Turkey Breast Extra Lean 99% Fat Free, 16 oz. 480
    Milk - Reduced fat, 2% milkfat, 2 cup 244
    Per the box total of serving is 5 so today when i re did the recipe it came out to 217 per serving I think that makes more sense
  • brookeybaby_00
    brookeybaby_00 Posts: 142 Member
    Ok I know that Hamburger helper is not the healthiest thing to eat but tonight was one of those nights that we needed a fast meal. We used Turkey meat instead of beef and 2% milk. But now I am having a hard time trying to figure out the calories that it had based on the portion that we ate. I added all three ingredients to the Recipes area according the box it makes 5 portions of 1 cup each I measured it and it was right. But when it calculates the calories for one portion it is showing me something like 180 or something like that. That seems low to me I am not sure if I am doing something wrong.

The box that we used was Whole Grain Hamburger helper cheeseburger macaroni, ground turkey lean.

Should I trust what the system is telling me or am I missing something?

I make that all the time. The actual cals are really close to what is one the box for prepared portions.
This discussion has been closed.