cardio at home?!

Options
thats the snow started in scotland today :(, icy grounds!

so im looking of ways to get the same benefit of jogging or running at home. I dont have a car and the nearest non member gym is about a 40 minute walk away (across icy pavements!)

anyone got any ideas for cardio/ fat burning at home?!

thanks

Replies

• naughtydoguk
    Options
    Look at Chalene Extreme
  • mrsyatesy
    mrsyatesy Posts: 173
    Options
    Any Chalean Johnson workout (I do TurboFire) or the 30 day Shred, both really good workouts! I use Kettlebells workouts as well, love them.
    I lost most of my weight and got fitter working out at home than I ever did when I just went to the gym! Short intense workouts do it for me!
    Have fun!
  • mykaar74
    mykaar74 Posts: 253
    Options
    there are plenty of good cardio workout dvd's out there, and many of them like Jillian Michaels, biggest loser can be found at your local library. Also you can make up your own cardio by running in place, jumping jacks, jump rope, pushups,it you have stairs you can even run or walk up & down the stairs etc...just your regular old school workouts. I even made myself a pretend track course in my house and ran around the house.wish you all the best on finding something that works for you
  • eversits
    eversits Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    A very good cardio workout DVD is the Billy Banks Cardio Inferno. It is an hour long, and it will definitely make you sweat!!!:wink:
  • dekbear
    Options
    The Wii TV thing seems a good idea. I know one guy who does the yoga on it and he says it is ace. I am getting it for Christmas.
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    there are plenty of good cardio workout dvd's out there, and many of them like Jillian Michaels, biggest loser can be found at your local library. Also you can make up your own cardio by running in place, jumping jacks, jump rope, pushups,it you have stairs you can even run or walk up & down the stairs etc...just your regular old school workouts. I even made myself a pretend track course in my house and ran around the house.wish you all the best on finding something that works for you

:laugh: I love that - setting up a pretend track course in your home! I live in a tiny apartment, so not an option for me.
    Jump rope sounds great. Maybe I will even see if I can hula hoop or something too. [I was dreadful at Wii hula hoop. I'm not zen enough, I guess.]

To original poster - good question, I will be in the same boat soon. I've been running outdoors, but am worried about what to do in the snow!
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I always recommend Turbo Jam or Turbo Fire to people. I have gotten all my results so far from those and ChaLEAN Extreme. You can check them out at the link on my siggy. :)
  • Connie48
    Connie48 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    check this site, Mary had nice long clips for review

www.totalfitnessdvds.com
  • cem789
    cem789 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone! might have a look on amazon or ebay for some cheap fitness dvds :).
    ... i went to pizza hut for lunch today :( , bad move!!

good news... the snow is off.. still very cold though!