this whole breakfast theory...

Options
2»

Replies

• TheNewJessieMae
    Options
    I get up at 5:30 am. I put one scoop of chocolate protien powder in my coffee every morning. It's like a mocha, plus I get some protien. Win Win. And I don't feel like I'm eating-cause I hate eating breakfast, but I'm getting my protien in.
    I always have a snack around 9:30 or 10. Usually nuts, or a fruit and cheese. (carb/protien) and a good sized lunch at 11:30 or 12.
    Another snack at 3 or so
    Dinner at 6
    Maybe an after dinner snack/maybe not.
  • FemininGuns
    FemininGuns Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    You should probably be eating every 3 hours anyway, so smaller portions 6 times a day is the way to go. Not sure when you wake up though...I don't wake up until 2pm, so that's "my morning." lol

How often do you eat after meal 1?? You should consider eating small balanced meals every 2.5 to 3 hours... Your hunger shows how high your metabolism is, and if you would feed your bod a good balanced diet (about 250cals per meal) every 3 hours, you'd probably even fitter and leaner than what you are now!
  • patti1007
    patti1007 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem. I would eat breakfast (1 egg and a slice of bread) @ 8am. Right around 11-11:30 I'm starving and lunch isn't until 12 or 1pm. So I started eating a snack between breakfast and lunch...usually a piece of fruit. I'm seeing a dietician and she recommended that that I add another egg or add some canadian bacon or turkey sausage to my breakfast. That has worked out well for me. She feels that after breakfast you should easily be able to wait 4-5 hours before eating again. However everyone is different and what works for me might not work for everyone else so manage it the way you know how.
  • fitbot
    fitbot Posts: 406
    Options
    if i ate 3 eggs for breakfast i would be a fridge.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast usually a few hours after I'm awake anyways. I'm with the big lunch thing too, I feel better if I eat a big lunch, and I don't feel like I'm starving for dinner.
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    I do a small breakfast and then a small morning snack within 2 hours. It works for me.
  • thelima
    thelima Posts: 234
    Options
    I'm all for 2nd breakfast! I eat a deli flat with protein (usually chicken or turkey) around 7:30 a.m., then cereal, yogurt & fruit when I get to the office (9-9:30). I always make sure to drink at least a liter of water by the end of 2nd breakfast.

Definitely don't deprive yourself in the morning, snacking on healthy things is good. :)

Cheers!
    Maria
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    if i ate 3 eggs for breakfast i would be a fridge.
    I probably need to eat a little more protein than you do. I am supposed to eat 2-3 whole eggs and 2 egg whites.