want to cry

Options
Ive been following the my diet journal and I kicked up the exercising, walking 5 miles every morning, everyother day I add weights ... I woke up this morning and again 3 lbs more!! how how how....... dont eat your exercise calories, eat your exercise calories, honestly I cant eat anymore.. LOL I eat small meals and very healthy.. so why the change in weight? but according to my journal i'll be where I want to be in weight in 5 weeks..

Replies

• solrak1969
    solrak1969 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hang in there. This is a marathon not a sprint. Sometimes your body will do strange things. Keep doing what your doing and the weight will start to move again. Stay strong, you can do this.
  • haleighallen
    haleighallen Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    what's your sodium intake like? if you are consuming to much, you could be retaining water weight. try upping the amount of water you drink daily and lowering your sodium intake :) it should help!
  • MichelleFirestone
    MichelleFirestone Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    could be the weights. muscles weigh more than fat. But muscles burn more calories than fat. So eventually that should work in your favor.
  • joleanrook
    Options
    Hang in there, these fluctuations happen. Stick to your plan. The last 20 are the hardest to lose, persistence will pay off.
  • Maggie1960
    Options
    Measure yourself, don't weigh - I bet you are getting slimmer and it's the muscle that is weighing heavy:drinker:
  • JenUB
    JenUB Posts: 84
    Options
    Personally, I retain a lot of sodium. That might be your problem, too. For example, last weekend I gained 6.5 pounds in about four days (too much eating out, alcohol, etc). Cantaloupe and other melons are good natural diuretics, so I ate a bunch of watermelon the last two days and now I've been getting rid of a lot of fluid the last 24 hours. I hope the scale shows it this morning.
    Hang in there. Our bodies do crazy things.
  • canbecanbe
    Options
    salt is a big bad meanie that screws with the scales good new take it easy for s few days if it is the salt then you will pee it off and be lighter if it is the muscle vs fat argument measurements help but really just keep slogging is the only answer
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    These guys are right, it could be your sodium.

It could also be getting close to TMI.

It could also be a result of muscle mass increase.

It could also be just a wonky week for your body.

I've had weeks where the scale read a significant increase one week and then the next week a significant decrease. Our bodies aren't always predictable.
  • Jamiecfc1
    Jamiecfc1 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I lost nothing/or gained for a few weeks when I started, then something kicked in and it all started pretty much from there. I didn't really change a great deal, just persevered with doing the "right things", just keep going cos even if you're not losing at the moment you must be getting fitter thru all the exercise!

::bigsmile:
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Since your food diary is not public, hard to say, but would strongly suggest you monitor your sodium and sugar intake. If you eating a lot of white flour/white sugar type products and/or processed foods, these are not very nutritious for your body.
    Don't get discouraged. Sounds like you are trying to do all the right things, so keep working at it, day by day.
  • sallyLunn
    sallyLunn Posts: 381
    Options
    The first thing you wrote is that you just kicked up your exercise routine. Sometimes, when I do that, I retain water weight or whatever for a couple of days.

Just something I do, I weigh every day (I know, I know) but I don't count a movement in the scale until it sticks for three days. In other words, don't panic just yet. Oh, and I would drink tons of water.
  • abricklin
    abricklin Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    could be the weights. muscles weigh more than fat. But muscles burn more calories than fat. So eventually that should work in your favor.

this is inaccurate. Nothing weighs more than anything else! Muscle is more dense so 1 lb of muscle will take up less space (and thus you will be smaller) than 1 lb of fat. However, its still ONE LB. For someone to GAIN 3 lbs of muscle, they would be losing a LOT of fat. unlikely unless you are a body builder.

I suspect its a combination of sodium and monthly fluctuations.
  • forgiven4life
    Options

this is inaccurate. Nothing weighs more than anything else! Muscle is more dense so 1 lb of muscle will take up less space (and thus you will be smaller) than 1 lb of fat. However, its still ONE LB. For someone to GAIN 3 lbs of muscle, they would be losing a LOT of fat. unlikely unless you are a body builder.

I suspect its a combination of sodium and monthly fluctuations.

Thank you for clarifying this. I get so tired of seeing "Muscle weighs more than fat". How can 1 LB of muscle weigh more than 1 lb of fat? It doesn't. 1 lb is 1 lb. It just takes up less room.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,652 Member
    Options

Thank you for clarifying this. I get so tired of seeing "Muscle weighs more than fat". How can 1 LB of muscle weigh more than 1 lb of fat? It doesn't. 1 lb is 1 lb. It just takes up less room.

You said that so much more nicely than I do in my head every time I read it on here. :smile: