Fitness tracker help required

Options
debsfran
debsfran Posts: 97 Member
Help. I need a run/walk app for iPhone that syncs with mfp. I currently have mapmyfitness but even though connect it is not syncing & runtastic which is a total battery drainer. All recommendations appreciated.

Replies

• mikebooker1
    mikebooker1 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Have you ever thought about a fitness tracker like and wrist band? I like them because I don't have use my phone. I've found that fitness apps are battery hogs. Here's an article ranking them from "first to worst". Remember that it's just the authors opinion on what works best. I personally use one made by polar. It doesn't sync with myfitness(possibly because it's an older model) but I really like how accurate it is. Let me know what you what works for you.

http://time.com/516/26-fitness-trackers-ranked-from-worst-to-first/
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Runkeeper, Endomondo or Strava. The former two both sync with MFP not sure about the latter as I've never used it.

Currently I use Runkeeper and Endomondo alongside one another as they have slightly different strengths and weaknesses, mainly around the website. Of the two I prefer Endomondo as it gives me far more information and options to cut up my data.
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    Map my run, it syncs fine
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Map my run, it syncs fine

MapMyRun is part of the same suite as MapMyFitness.

I've also ha consistent problems when I've tried it on both iOS and Android
  • debsfran
    debsfran Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the advise. I tried a Fitbit Flex, it was great for tracking walks/runs but was no good at tracking my cardio/gym workouts. Also with the flimsy clip fastening I managed to lose it, luckily I lost it in the porch on the way to work. I decided to get a Polar FT7, which is brilliant. Its not the bluetooth version so I think I will need to get the docking station for it.

Still want something to track walks but dont want to buy another gadget.
    I will download both Runkeeper & Endomondo and see which works the best for me.
    thanks again
  • LisaWeir74
    LisaWeir74 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I have been using Run Keeper for years & love it. Also love fitbit flex.....