Hi! Just signed up!

Options
Good morning! I have been doing Weight Watchers online since January 2, 2014 and have lost 26.4 pounds. This morning I canceled my online WW subscription and joined MFP to save some money. I have 100 more pounds to lose and am excited to be using this website to track food and exercise. I am 45 years old and from Tennessee and am looking forward to making some weightloss buddies here.

Replies

• sezziejm
    sezziejm Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hi, This site is great! I've been using it for just over 2 yrs & gone from 245lb to 166lb! Good Luck & feel free to add me :)
  • bestlife42
    bestlife42 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am fairly new to this site as well. I have been using it for about 2 weeks now and I have found it to be a great tool. I am 42 yrs old and plan to keep the weight off this time. I have too! I am not getting any younger and want to be healthy. It doesn't hurt to look and feel great in the process. : ) Congrats on your weight loss with WW. You are already on the right track and can continue your progress with MFP. Having the support helps keep you motivated and on track. Friend request sent
  • RebeccaS1552
    Options
    Hi there!

I used to do WW also but have actually found MyFitnessPal to be easier... not to mention a much broader food database!! :smile: Nice to meet you!!
  • abrockhausen
    abrockhausen Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    HI! I am new, too. Did WW last year but wanted to try someting different, so here I am. Feel free to add me.
  • dcshellz
    dcshellz Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I too am just starting to really track what I my intake is. Signed up a year ago but did nto commit to using the site. So now I am using it!
    Feel free to add me
  • Pudgenprissy
    Options
    Today is my first day using this site. I am 42 and need to lose 75 lbs. I have been trying to eat better and drink more water, but decided to start tracking all my food and exercise to be more successful.
  • jldahlen21
    jldahlen21 Posts: 18
    Options
    I did WW several yrs ago, too! Please feel free to add me :-)
  • deelily89
    deelily89 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I am new too! I've been using MFP for 3 days now. Can't believe what a difference it has made in only 3 days! I's like I watch what I am eating cause I know I am going to have to type into my app later, and I don't feel like looking up a million things I pop in my mouth, ya feel me? And it's not like these strict diets that are expensive and practically impossible to do when you have work and a social life. Can't believe the variety of foods MFP has in it's database--there are even meals from restaurants listed in it!

I think this is something that will help my daily life...especially since getting a desk job that makes me want to discreetly open my drawer and grab a snack every half hour :frown:

I am challenging myself to keep track of my caloric intake, but in a healthy way! Feel free to add me! Looking to make some friends to keep me motivated, and vice versa! :wink:

-Dee
  • Anna_lin
    Anna_lin Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi guys!

I started a low carb diet a couple week ago. In total I've lost 10 pounds. And when I say low carb I mean less than 30 grams a day. But it's really hard! I need some help guys so please add me!

Anna:)
  • hummingbrdhrt
    hummingbrdhrt Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I logged in regularly about 2 years ago and lost over 50 lbs. I stopped logging in and gained it all back plus some, so I'm back to re-establish my healthy habits. This time, I'm becoming more involved in the community and finding it helpful. MFP is a great program and there's support available in every way imaginable.
  • ficktion
    ficktion Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi!
  • gtfitpal
    gtfitpal Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Stay focused. Don't give up. Set realistic goals. Enjoy. :)
  • catmac83
    catmac83 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi i just newly signed up to this app and really easy to follow and track everything, best bit is the scanner, add me if you like, be nice to have some people to help me keep motivated at times, Time to make a new change now,
  • lettyr30
    lettyr30 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi!
  • ihavefangs
    ihavefangs Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey everyone :)!