From a size 20/22 to a tight size 8: A 19 year old's journey

Options
kassiebby1124
kassiebby1124 Posts: 927 Member
My goal for the end of the summer was to be able to fit into a size 8. I went to Charlotte Russe (their sizes tend to run small) and just for fun I grabbed a 12,10, and an 8. I knew the 12 and 10 would fit but I grabbed an 8 just to see how far I was from my goal.I wiggled my way into them and with a fair amount of sucking in, I was able to close them. Did they look good? No. Did I have a huge muffin top?Hell yes. But the point is that I had them on. I broke down in the dressing room. I started my journey in a size 20/22. I'm almost an 8 after 2 years and I'm only 19. My weight hasn't changed much from the initial weight loss I had but I clearly have made a difference. I also have muscular definition in my arms now (: I started at 49.8% body fat and I'm currently at 29.3%. I joined the rugby team and i'll be playing 7s this summer.
This is a major milestone for me because my goal when I first started losing weight was to be a size 8. After re-evaluating my goals, I want to drop my body fat to 15% within the next to years and maybe to 20% by August, though that may not be attainable. I don't know, haha. But I wanted to share my current progress. I put one of my "fat" photos and one I took yesterday.

Before: I'm not sure what this weight is but it's somewhere around 269. I think my body fat was higher than 49%
2gu0875.jpg

After: Taken yesterday
30sakbp.jpg

Replies

• lauraashley09
    lauraashley09 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congrats! What a difference!
  • kassiebby1124
    Options
    Thanks!
  • MistyRose0424
    MistyRose0424 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Wow you look amazing what a difference YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful!! Good job!
  • kassiebby1124
    Options
    Thank you very much (:
  • KeepGoingKylene
    KeepGoingKylene Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Amazing girl! You look great! To have the motivation, strength and willpower to do this at 19 is truly amazing. Kudos to you and keep up the great work!! :flowerforyou:
  • GelasiaT
    GelasiaT Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Way to go girl!!!! Congrats on your lost, you look wonderful. So happy for you.
  • Crackertime
    Crackertime Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    This is the first time I've ever posted. You are awesome! You are taking control of your life at 19! I wish I had the willpower at that age! Thank you for being my inspiration for today!
  • ReneeIsReady
    ReneeIsReady Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    You look great! WTG!!:flowerforyou:
  • StacyRenee77
    StacyRenee77 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    Very nice loss
  • kassiebby1124
    Options
    Thank you all so, so much. It really means a lot to me
  • hydeiagarcia4112
    hydeiagarcia4112 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wow! Amazing. Don't give up! You have done a great job so far!=)
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • Fujiberry
    Fujiberry Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Your confidence now is beautiful! Congrats! :D
  • UnicornAmanda
    UnicornAmanda Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!!!!!
  • vasairiah
    vasairiah Posts: 5,187 Member
    Options
    You truly look amazing! I'm so very proud of you and happy for your success!! :flowerforyou:
  • la_te_ra_lus
    la_te_ra_lus Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Fantastic progress... Keep up the great work.
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Your story made me smile. You're looking great. You'll fit that 8 in no time. :flowerforyou:
  • kassiebby1124
    Options
    Wow I didn't know this came back. Thank you everybody <3
  • bd0027
    bd0027 Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Good job. (:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!