Small steps and T25 Alpha complete (sort of)

Options
ftrobbie
ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
Big guy, diagnosed as prediabetic in February 2014 at 127kgs. I couldn't face taking a picture of myself at that weight. Had some success with losing weight but it moved around a lot and was not consistent. Found T25 and believed it was something I could hang on to, then found here. Have put the 2 together along with trying to be more active during the day. The results are below since starting T25, have not missed a workout, but most modified. A long way to go. Initial aim is to get below 100kgs, I was 102kgs in 1999, 15 years ago. This is work in progress but I wanted to make sure I did not have to inject for the rest of my life. Have the odd blow out for family events but I have chosen to exceed my daily calorie limit and fit it in my macros for the week. If this is for life I am not cancelling every friend or family birthday so I need to deal with it. The last time I was close to this weight was 7 years ago.

XpYjTL7l.jpg

Hope it helps someone.

Replies

• craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Great progress and big difference.......well done!
  • trialstyle
    trialstyle Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    That's awesome progress! Keep up the good work and you'll see the rewards.
  • ftrobbie
    Options
    Cheers guys, looking forward to Beta next week.
  • Malachai76
    Malachai76 Posts: 128
    Options
    great results buddy really well done, i done t25 last year i loved it, speed 2.0 in beta was my favourite. Keep up the great work
  • felicia2005
    felicia2005 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Nice Job!!!
  • ftrobbie
    Options
    great results buddy really well done, i done t25 last year i loved it, speed 2.0 in beta was my favourite. Keep up the great work

Must confess that with my mass I struggled with speed 1.0 so it will be interesting to see what speed 2.0 offers. Had a sneak peek at core cardio today and I feel intimidated. Some serious perspiration going on and Derek was in Childs pose for some of it. I suspect it will hurt. But bring it on.

Thanks for the encouragement.
  • livingtx
    livingtx Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Wow, great results! I'm fairly new here and never looked put T25 until just now. Honestly, if I just saw the website, I would think it was a gimmick, but with your post, it is clear that it delivers results! Great job!
  • ftrobbie
    Options
    Wow, great results! I'm fairly new here and never looked put T25 until just now. Honestly, if I just saw the website, I would think it was a gimmick, but with your post, it is clear that it delivers results! Great job!

Don't get me wrong it is a good programme that works for me but most of the improvement has come from eating at a controlled deficit daily. T25 has improved my fitness, my diet has improved my waistline. Hope you continue to succeed with your goals.

T25 Beta started today with cardio. My t shirt has never been so wet, I used to get crescents of perspiration around the neck and a few dobs elsewhere. Today the front of my shirt is just wet. Feel virtous though.
  • frankara
    frankara Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Excellent result!! Keep it up. You survive the first month
  • Malachai76
    Malachai76 Posts: 128
    Options

Must confess that with my mass I struggled with speed 1.0 so it will be interesting to see what speed 2.0 offers. Had a sneak peek at core cardio today and I feel intimidated. Some serious perspiration going on and Derek was in Childs pose for some of it. I suspect it will hurt. But bring it on.

Thanks for the encouragement.

You'll get used to it my first workout was insanity i was just getting used to month one and month two started. I was knackered in the warm up it's brutal but everyday i grow stronger till it got to the point i could keep up, i still needed unscheduled breaks cause it is that insane.

Just keep doing what your doing and by the time you get to gamma and speed 3.0 (if you got that pack) you'll have 2.0 sorted if not speed 2.0 is a great workout
  • ftrobbie
    Options

Just keep doing what your doing and by the time you get to gamma and speed 3.0 (if you got that pack) you'll have 2.0 sorted if not speed 2.0 is a great workout

I completed Speed 2.0 this morning, so much better than Speed 1.0 However my shirt was absolutely soaked, it was an absolutely fantastic session, the first time through was a pain, but the repeats especially with the reducing pyramid was brilliant. I was dreading doing it especially the way it kicks off but absolutely loved it. I can see why you rated it so highly. Only got alpha and beta as I was not convinced I would stick at it, so have pleasantly surprised myself. Thanks for the support
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!