I need a little motivation or advice or something

Vansy
Vansy Posts: 419 Member
edited September 22 in Health and Weight Loss
Over this past summer I was out-of-town doing an internship and was very strict about what I ate and I worked out 5 days a week. Anyway, I had my weight at 119. So I come back to good ole Florida and I start drinking again, stop working out/running as much and eat whatever I want (and don't track it). Needless to say I gained some weight back.
Anyway, I've been intensely working out again for about a month -- by intense I mean:
strength training (intense strength): 3 days/week (30 minute sessions that blast 200 calories)
running: 3-5 days/week (typically more miles, 5+ish)
soccer: 4-5 teams -- so 4-5 games a week typically.

And typically my net calories are about 1200. Which maybe that's not enough net calories for me.
Anyway, the scale has not changed, at all. I don't get what the problem is. I'm definitely losing fat (actually I would be curious to see what my body fat percent), well at least I look like I'm losing fat. But it's a little discouraging when the scale doesn't indicate any weight loss.

Any advice?

Replies

• VickieMW
    VickieMW Posts: 285 Member
    Well as frustrating as it is to not see the weight drop it sounds like you are building muscle with all the work outs you are doing.... and I hate saying this but muscle weighs more than fat. No that does not ever.. make me feel better either. I only lose weight if my calories are 1200 - 1300 calories and work out half as hard as you.

Here is what I know for sure! Don't give up. Keep up the hard work and you will drop the weight eventually. Blessings. Vickie
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    it doesn't look in your photo like you have a lot to lose...so 1200 may be too small for you. I'm consistently losing at 1420 calories, and I still have 40-50 lbs to go! So perhaps you should consider increasing your intake.

If you are staying too low, it can depress your metabolism, which sometimes i sreferred to as "starvation mode" all this means is your body is trying to hang on to its fat reserves because it doesn't know how long the "famine" will last. If your caloric deficit is reasonable, your body will let go of fat reserves more readily.

Hope that helps:flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.