LOOSING 30 POUNDS HELP!!!

Hi everyone im fairly new to this but yesterday I stepped on the scales to see 155 pounds which is to much for my 5"4 height ive also started to notice my size 12 clothing becoming tighter and tighter I feel like busting into tears! I really want to loose 30-35 pounds and get down to a slim 120-125 pound figure please help how fast could I do this if I ate 1100 calories a day and burnt off 350-400 cals a day through cardio

Many thanks :smile:

Replies

• TRIX5884
    TRIX5884 Posts: 318 Member
    The faster you lose it - the faster you gain it back. This is something that takes time and dedication. You should not be losing more than 1-2 pounds a week if you plan on keeping it off. There is no quick fix - just hard work and the right diet. 1100 calories is not enough calories. If you choose to do a 1200 calorie diet AND exercise off 350-400 calories - then you are only really eating 750 - 800 calories. This is not healthy. You realistically should be eating around 1550-1600 calories and then burning off your 350-400 calories. I'm not a gym expert or dietitian. I know others will weight in here - but please be careful. Consult your doctor or a professional before you do anything extreme. Feel free to add me as a friend if you need some support!
  • Fujiberry
    Fujiberry Posts: 400 Member
    The faster you lose it - the faster you gain it back. This is something that takes time and dedication. You should not be losing more than 1-2 pounds a week if you plan on keeping it off. There is no quick fix - just hard work and the right diet. 1100 calories is not enough calories. If you choose to do a 1200 calorie diet AND exercise off 350-400 calories - then you are only really eating 750 - 800 calories. This is not healthy. You realistically should be eating around 1550-1600 calories and then burning off your 350-400 calories. I'm not a gym expert or dietitian. I know others will weight in here - but please be careful. Consult your doctor or a professional before you do anything extreme. Feel free to add me as a friend if you need some support!

ALL OF THIS.
  • cafeduus
    cafeduus Posts: 31 Member
    I agree with what everyone else has said. You have to remember you didn't just put the weight on over-night,
    so you can't really lose it over-night, it will take time and dedication, and with support from MFP, you'll get to your
    goal. This is the heaviest I have weighed, but I know with eating healthy and working out, I'll get down to the
    weight I want. Also, I hope that you're not trying to lose the weight for a special event or be on a certain time
    line, because to try and lose weight quickly, is not healthy. Again, this is a great place for support and help.
    Just keep motivated and you'll do fine.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!