a lifting and cardio routine for fat loss and muscle gain?

Options
let me start with some info about myself I'm 20 years old 5'7" I weigh 246 I'm trying to get down to 180 in about 9 months to a year. I've done my research about my nutrition and I have figured out the components to creating a better diet with the advice of a few people from a previous post of mine. Now I need some advice on developing a lifting/cardio routine that would help me with fat loss and muscle gain? I'm not exactly new to lifting I'm part of a d3 sports program and we are always in the weight room however I'll be the first to say that my coach doesn't really know what he's doing in terms of the lifting regimens he has us performing and there have been days where we've worked the same muscle group twice and I'm not an expert at all but aren't you suppose to avoid overworking the same muscle group twice to allow the repair and growth of the muscle tissue?….. anyways the point is I'm tired of putting in work in the weight room and not yielding results because of the incorrect way my coach has me approaching my lifts so I just need help lol.. and I would also love people's feedback on incorporating cardio into their lifting routines..thanks!