Joining Curves

Options
I asked for opinions on joining curves in a prior post and got some great feedback! :o) I was just wandering if anyone knew the monthly cost? When you call there they want you to come in and speak with them, I know me Im an easy target I'll sign up for anything with out thinking it through;o( Any help would be appreciated and more feedback on whether its a good move or not, also welcome! Thanks!!

Replies

• azlady7
    azlady7 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    First off....I LOVED curves when I could afford it. Its been about 5 years since I went, but I think....and dont quote me on this....it was around 65.00 monthly. Not too bad. I think there is a sign up fee too. I forget though. Try a google search, you might get answers there! Good luck!
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I was just in curves the other day to get a donation for an auction a friend is putting on for Cystic Fibrosis. Curves donated a 2 month membership worth 150$. I think it's a tad bit more expensive there because It's more of a community than a gym. You go in and do programs with other people and have circuit training etc. (as far as i'm aware, this is how it sounded during her spiel to me\)
  • msmith101
    msmith101 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I think each Curves location is different regarding cost... They are franchises so I do not know if the cost is regulated throughout...I don't think so because we have several in my area and when I was looking to join a couple of years ago two of the closet one to me were different prices. I have been a Member for almost three years now & I :heart: LOVE :heart: it... The people at my location are great and the workout is great, but like anything, you get out of it what you put into it. If you take it easy during the workout you won't get much but if you go all out and add extra stuff to it you get a ton back... Sorry, I know this didn't help answer your question much. Good Luck!! and I hope you find a Great One with Great People!!! :flowerforyou:
  • msmith101
    msmith101 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    There is a Sign Up Fee - I was lucky that my medical insurance actually had a program where they covered the sign up fee... I signed up almost three years ago and I am locked in at the price I signed up at for as long as I am a member. If I ever leave and want to rejoin I would have to pay the sign up fee again and the cost would be whatever it is currently at (more I am sure)... I currently pay about $48.00 a month.
  • andeegirl
    Options
    I have not been a part of curves in a while either but they also weight and measure you to track your progress and have tons of education. So while it is more expensive than a regular gym it's worth the cost. I stopped going because we live in a small town and the lady who was working would talk my ear off the whole time I was in there (usually I was the only one) and I just could not take it any more. So instead of saying something I just left. So me.
  • cuppycake22
    Options
    I asked for opinions on joining curves in a prior post and got some great feedback! :o) I was just wandering if anyone knew the monthly cost? When you call there they want you to come in and speak with them, I know me Im an easy target I'll sign up for anything with out thinking it through;o( Any help would be appreciated and more feedback on whether its a good move or not, also welcome! Thanks!!

If you join during October there is a Breast Cancer special so you can show a receipt of a donation to breast cancer research or proof that you have had a mammogram and the yearly fee is waved...I paid $52.00 a month cdn for curves and absolutely loved in! If you cancel your account the penalty is only 1 extra month payment :) hope this helps
  • pines2palms
    Options
    I joined up about 3 years ago. I loved it, but just couldn't afford it even though it was cheap (IMO) with all of the other payments we had. There is a sign-up fee, and that was around $100, as I recall, but I went in when they were having a food drive...so I got the fee waived by bringing in a bag of non-perishable food. It does vary with location, sometimes within the same city or county. The one I went to was relatively small....it was $34.00 a month!!! It sounds so doable, but with 3 kids, homeschooling, one income, we couldn't afford it after a while...but while I was there, I loved it and lost weight really well!
  • rshunk
    rshunk Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Wow! What great timing for this post! One of the things on my to do list today is going to curves and getting info & possibly signing up today!
    Here are links to 2 of their sites, the first is the regular website and I did see an offer on there for the curves smart for $30 a month and $30 sign up fee. The second you can print a coupon for a free week. Hope this helps & feel free to add me as a friend if you like!
    http://www.curves.com/
    http://www.curvesinformation.com/?Campaign=GF&Referrer=GO&Subreferrer=GF

Guess they are not coming up as links, you will have to copy & paste, sorry
  • rshunk
    rshunk Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I stopped in and NO high pressure stuff! Cool! I did not sign up today, going to take advantage of my free week first! They are having a special till the end of the month, $30 to join (instead of $100) and then $34 a month after that! May be different in your area since they do franchise but worth checking into IMO! Gonna start tomorrow!