Weight loss stalling..

Options
Hello folks, I've been charting my weight each week for the past 2-3 weeks. I weigh myself on Saturday mornings before I eat anything.

The scale has looked like this:

4/26: 162.2 lbs

5/3: 160.0 lbs

5/10: 160.2 lbs

At working out 3-4 days a week, my TDEE is calculated to be right at the 2550-2600 cal/day mark. I actually workout 5 days a week, but I put 3-4 just to be safe.

I've been eating at a 500 cal deficit in order to trim the last of my body fat, and as you can see the scale is going a little bonkers. Is this normal? Should I check back in a week or two from now?

Is it possible I've gained muscle? Right around 4/26 is when I went from only cardio to doing workouts at the gym of HIIT and resistance training.

Replies

• _KitKat_
    _KitKat_ Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    2-3 weeks isn't long enough to form a trend especially with only a small amount of weight to lose. The amount you lose will have to be larger than your bodies normal fluctuation range, as a woman mine is 4 lbs but even some men can range in 10lbs. Gaining muscle while in a deficient is not something that happens, except for beginning lifters or after a long break...and even then it is in ounces not lbs. The other thing is if you only have a few lbs. to go, .5lbs a week loss is the recommended rate of loss and considered a good loss and you are down 1.8 in 2 weeks so .9lbs. Per week.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Your scale is fine. What you're seeing is natural weight fluctuation, or you have lost about a pound. Either is good.

Is that you in your profile picture? If so, you don't look like you need to lose any weight. In fact, you look pretty fit.

So, if you are trying to lose a few pounds, you need to take it very slow, like a half pound a week.