Back at square one.

Options
bowserette
bowserette Posts: 36 Member
Hi all.

Quick background:

I'm a 25y/o female. I felt my best in high school (a common story, I'm sure) when I weighed 135 (I'm 5'5"). A few years later, I met a guy, fell in love, and moved in together. Neither of us had very good eating habits, and I soon found myself weighing 208. I finally decided to do something about it, so I signed up for MFP.

The first year was great. I lost about 40 pounds! I still wasn't happy with my weight, but I was definitely proud of my progress.

Then I went off to college. I ended up fluctuating between around 165 through 180. Frustrating to not make progress, but I had other things to focus on.

After graduation, I moved back in with my parents (the boyfriend was long gone). That was about a year ago. My parents have the bad habit of eating ice cream every night, eating out several nights a week, eating processed/microwave meals the other nights, drinking soda... And let's not get into portion control. I've been struggling with mental health issues, so it's been hard trying to go against this pattern. No surprise, then, that I'm finding myself just a few pounds short of my highest weight.

I've had the MFP app installed for a while, along with others like fitbit and Noom weight, but between traveling and life events I haven't taken it seriously.

It's time, though. My clothes are fitting tighter, I'm disgusted at pictures of me, and I want so badly to look the way I picture myself inside. I know I always feel better when I'm eating right and getting exercise, so that's important to me, too. And I have a feeling it will help with mental health, too. I just started a new medication that is notorious for weight gain/diabetes/increased appetite, and I can't afford to let that happen. So today I'm committed to my health.

My family has worked out a system where we all contribute to a couple dinners each week and we're going to work out grocery lists together, so hopefully I can help all of us become healthier. I just hope I can keep it up -- I have a tendency to get really passionate about something and then I drop it two weeks later.

Always open to friends and motivators!