Acne & Diet

Options
sarahmbm
sarahmbm Posts: 36 Member
Hello,

I suffer from moderate acne and keep hearing that a dairy-free low glycemic diet will help.

Has anyone out there noticed any change in skin (less breakouts) once they changed their diet?

Replies

• kikityme
    kikityme Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Never heard that one before. A good cleanser, toner, and moisturizer. Drink lots of water. (shhh, it's a big secret.) Wait, no it isn't! Like weight loss, there is no magic cure.
  • skinnyEmilijah
    skinnyEmilijah Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I find that my skin is a little better when I'm hydrated and eat a lot of fruits and veggies, but most dermatologists I've asked don't really believe in much of a link between diet and skin condition.

Everyone is unique so if you think it may help to do something different in your diet, it may be worth a try.
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I tend to have an enormous amount of breakouts when my diet is high in processed carbs and dairy. I can't even justify eating dairy anymore because I know the impact it has on my body. I had a significant amount of body acne on my arms, and once I started eating Paleo, I have barely even seen any.I believe food contributes to a significant amount of medical issues that people are generally unaware of including hormone imbalance, mood disorders, fatigue, and inflammatory diseases. Many dermatologists are not going to suggest that you change your diet first because they lose money if they are not the one treating you for it.