I'M A NEW MOM!!!!!!!!!!

Options
Lisa1971
Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
Hey MFP peeps! I'm a very very proud new mommy to a 8 month old pit bull puppy named Ruby! She's the puppy in my avatar pic. I was fostering her for over a month now and my hubby said "I couldn't think of anything to give you for Mother's Day...so if you want to keep Ruby you can keep her." I started crying and said "Of course I want to keep her!" My kids LOVE her and she loves the kids. After I put the kids to bed at night Ruby will sleep in the hallway outside their bedroom doors. She ONLY does this when the kids are in bed so I know she's protecting "her kids." I'm going to finalize her adoption on Wednesday.

I am so in love with this dog that it's ridiculous!:love: Even though she loves the kids and me she's still scared and leery of my husband. She was stuffed in a drainpipe in the middle of a landfill with her littermates as a young puppy and thankfully someone found them and sent them to a shelter. I don't think she's ever been around men but we're working on it and she's slowly warming up to dh.

Just wanted to share my news!!!!!!!!:happy: :happy: :happy:

Replies

• tmaryam
    tmaryam Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I used to have pit bulls, they're the sweetest things. Happy Mom's Day!
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    awesome. I would love to foster. but I could never give them up.
  • marleyskye05
    marleyskye05 Posts: 138
    Options
    Awe that's so sweet, congrats! I have a pittie also. Best breed ever :) great family dogs!
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    awesome. I would love to foster. but I could never give them up.

Yep. I'm a foster failure!:laugh: