Low Drop Trail Shoes

Options
Hi. I'm looking into getting a pair of fairly inexpensive trail shoes that can handle steep downgrades. I prefer a lower drop. Neutral is fine. I'm very accident prone so I need the grip.

Thanks in advance for some great suggestions.

Replies

• taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Not exactly inexpensive, but look at the Inov-8 brand
  • johnwhitent
    johnwhitent Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I love the La Sportiva Wildcats, very grippy, but not enough drop for you. The minimalist women's La Sportiva Helios shoes with 4mm drop get great reviews. La Sportiva is known for their approach shoes and they use their sticky climbing "FriXion" formula on many of their mountain running shoes, including the Helios. I've tried many trail runners and La Sportiva makes the best I have found so far. They know how to make a mountain running shoe!
  • johnwhitent
    johnwhitent Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Just checked their website and they have two other low drop shoes that are not minimalist, the Bushido and the Anakonda. I think both have the sticky "FriXion" sole as well.
  • LoriLoves2Run
    Options
    Thanks John. I'll check them out.
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Hey so these aren't inexpensive but have you looked at the Hoka One One shoe? It's what I use for trail running and it's fantastic. Good luck.
  • Praying_Mantis
    Praying_Mantis Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Funny. I was just reading a blog where Altra Olympus (neutral drop) were raved about.

http://www.fatcyclist.com/2014/05/19/stuff-that-fatty-really-really-loves-the-altra-olympus/