1 year later! (with pics if i can figure out how)

Options
AlisaToth
AlisaToth Posts: 415 Member
Last October was when I really started my weight loss journey. I was at my heaviest since my son was born. Weighing in at 156 I knew I was just not comfortable with myself, with how i looked or with how my clothes fit. At first i started taking an appetite suppressant and i think i was eating maybe 800 calories a day and lost almost 10lbs in about 6 weeks. I realized how unhealthy that was and stopped. I was able to keep the weight off even when i went back to eating and exercising the way i normally would. I got married in March and was still at 146 for my wedding. Summer was fast approaching and i did not feel comfortable in my bathing suit (for years i never cared, but i moved to a new place and all of a sudden started feeling really self conscious around all the new people) So i joined MFP with a start weight of 143.8. Since May I have lost an additional 10lbs with about 3-8 to go! I was going thru old FB pictures...and finally realized that i actually have been making some progress!

This was taken October 10, 2009
10092.jpg

and this was taken last weekend (October 15, 2010) One year later.
1010.jpg

(I think i fixed it, the pics weren't coming up for me...)

Replies

• AmandaR910
    Options
    You look great!!
  • mikkimomof3
    mikkimomof3 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! :)
  • lisablueeyes
    lisablueeyes Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,002 Member
    Options
    You have made great strides. You should be proud of yourself. You look great
  • epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    Awesome job!!
  • IKnowICan
    Options
    This is Fantastic:drinker: You looked Beautiful before but Wow you got even healthier :flowerforyou:
  • Joeysgirl
    Options
    HOLY MACKERAL!!! What HUGE difference 10 pounds makes on you! How tall are you??

You look amazing and I am so happy for your success!! Way to go girl - rock that bikini hottie :) Nice job!
  • mariasheehan
    Options
    well done, you even look more confident, so happy for you :-)
  • AlisaToth
    AlisaToth Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I'm 5'5 1/2, It's actually a total of 23lbs lost since last year, 10 just since May though. I've lost 1.5 inches off my hips and 2inces off my bust (boo :tongue: ) since May.
  • Joeysgirl
    Options
    Wow, well even 23 pounds made a huge difference. You have done an amazing job :) You don't look like you need to lose any more weight honestly, you look great!
  • abeare
    abeare Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Great Job!
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look great!
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!! Great job!
  • anewJess
    Options
    Thanks for posting - you're inspiring! :smile:
  • californiajuls
    californiajuls Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Wow.... Congratulations on your sucess. You look great!

1630152.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • GrayJohn
    Options
    Good job - bang on!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!