Getting back on track

Options
Hello everyone thanks for this site.

I was in the beauty shop getting my hair doen and a lady was talking about her weight loss. She introduced me to this site and had already loss 20 lbs in two months. That encouraged me and for awhile I did try it but obstacles came and I started getting discouraged because I try to walk at least 2 miles a day 4 times a week and I have been doing it for over month now, and haven't loss much weight but I can tell that I am toning up. Therefore, I have not been logging in but I am going to get back on track. Just need a little support.

Replies

• Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    wormy_waving.gif
    Welcome to MFP, it is a great tool to help you.
  • sspalding
    sspalding Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat. I was on here for a while and life got busy and I got tired. I try to walk 3 times a week and have started meeting a group to walk with. I started back today to get back on track with my eating. Glad to find your post and hopefully we can help figure out when we shut down and give up. Emotions and boredom are a big issue for me. I refuse to feel like a failure and believe If wanted bad enough I can be healthier. Good Luck!
  • groucherella
    Options
    Nothing worthwhile is easy, just discipline yourself to keep logging in. It helps! Keep it up and keep moving!
  • IKnowICan
    Options
    Good for you!:drinker: I'm the same way...I lost the weight then decided that I"M DONE & the weight slowly crept back on with ice cream ever night! Here I am back to having Strawberry Fruit Popsicle in the evening after I exercise! I really hate exercising since so many things wrong with my back but it's doable with my recumbent bike & elliptical:heart: It's the Food Police I need to hire:laugh: :wink:

What's also working for me since rejoining is logging on everyday & take a few minutes to chat & really feel the group. I'm swapping facebook time for MFP time much more fulfilling (hahahha get it fulfilling:drinker: )
  • vseifert
    Options
    That's great girl you walk that much!!! Like many, a good friend of mine and myself have given up somewhat on this site the past few weeks. Our lives got busy, this became a hassle, and I've gotten pretty good at guessing my daily intake. Well, I didn't realize that even if I knew what was best for me, without logging in, I didn't have anyone to say "shame on you!" Tone is a great way to feel good about yourself. The pounds will begin to drop off for you now also! Keep up the great work! Now I have to get back at this and also to try and find an exercise for those "wings" on the underarms!! Any suggestions would be welcomed if anyone has the perfect workout for this area!!:happy:

450626.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Dove83
    Dove83 Posts: 3
    Options
    I started about 2wks ago. Then all the stress of trying to watch what I eat, exercising, and taking care of life happened and I quit logging on. BUT I'm back now, and I'm not giving up this time! Yea Me!
  • Beebee78
    Beebee78 Posts: 703
    Options
    Welcome to MFP you will find so much support here to help you on your journey xxx