My first challegen...to get 8 cups of water everyday

Options
I know that it's always been said that water shall help one lose weight but I've never tried drinking the actually amount of water my body really needs. So I challenge myself today to start...and will post my logs everyday to make sure that I am doing what I am suppose to.

Join me if you want...

10/20 @ 11.49 2 cups of 16oz

Replies

• finncmh
    finncmh Posts: 290
    Options
    Just posted this on a friend's status about the same thing "I hear that! And sometimes it gets boring. If you like pomegranate. R.W Knudsen does a "Just Pomegranate" juice. On its own its loaded with calories and really strong. BUT I put maybe 2 tablespoons in the botton of a big glass and then fill it up with about 16 oz of water. Its refreshing, gets rid of the boring just water all the time and I get all my glasses in. If I am going to be on the go I put it in a big water bottle :) "
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    8 ounces is 1 cup so you had 4 cups already not 2.
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    Good challenge to yourself! Getting in that water can help offset the sodium.

Here's a tip for you: When you're home and not really doing anything, just have a glass of water next to you. I have a 16 oz glass next to me ALL the time which I sip on.
  • janistasia
    Options
    Heres a tip: Go to Walmart and get a BPA free, Hot and Cold 18oz, cup, and just make it a point or challenge to drink 4 each day. That will give you all you need for the day. It is the most complex thing in the world to think that the very thing our body craves is the least thought of by us on a daily basis
  • macarman
    Options
    8 cups is only 4 water bottles, try putting some lemon or other fruit juice in it. Not alot, just to flavor the water is goes down easier.
  • 3girlmama
    Options
    I found 2 things that help me get my daily water.
    1) always carry a bottle of water with you- in your car, bag, where ever. Then it's no big deal to take a drink here or there. It is also a visual reminder if half way through the day your bottle is still full that you need to start drinking. I also like to put a tiny amount of cranberry, pomegranate, or lemon juice in my water. A slice of orange tastes amazing!
    2) I like unsweetened tea so I make sure I always have cold green tea in the fridge. I keep it decaf so I can drink it all day long and unlike juice -it has no calories.
    Make it easy and make it fun- then you'll hit you goal!
  • Jessiez1423
    Options
    How i manage to get the water is fill a 32oz nalgene bottle in the morning and not let myself eat lunch until its gone. Then i refill at lunch and cant leave work until its gone again...food and freedom, the 2 best motivators ever!
  • iavue
    iavue Posts: 63
    Options
    thanks for all the advice...totally need it!
  • iavue
    Options
    How i manage to get the water is fill a 32oz nalgene bottle in the morning and not let myself eat lunch until its gone. Then i refill at lunch and cant leave work until its gone again...food and freedom, the 2 best motivators ever!

great motivationer! Maybe I should do it before lunch and before dinner...to help myself eat less.
  • vsangel87
    vsangel87 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    That is a very good challenge! All the best to u! :) When u thnk about it, 8 cups of water a day is actually a lot. I can NEVER get myself to drink that much either. I guess i'll take some of the advice that u guys mentioned...about keeping an 18 ounce cup of water by my side all day if i'm staying home or drinking 4 bottles of water a day if i'm on the go. I do not drink enough water in a day...not good.
  • iavue
    Options
    10/20 @ 3:17 3rd cup of 160z