Progresso Soups

Options
2»

Replies

• misathin
    Options
    I havn't found one that I dont like yet! Great for diets too :)
  • BrayyNicole
    BrayyNicole Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I love progresso's tomato basil (reduced sodium) so yummy

Oh man! I was so close to getting that one! Perhaps next time!

Thanks to everyone, I ended up getting Chicken Tuscany.. mmm yes it was very, very delicious!
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    I looked at some of them at the grocery store last night and the sodium was really high! How are you guys staying under your daily sodium? I'd love some variety for lunch.
  • Buppie
    Buppie Posts: 43
    Options
    I love the Lentil soup with fat free sour cream, salt and pepper and the new 3-bean chili. YUM!
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    I like the French Onion
  • IKnowICan
    Options
    Progresso Soups are usually $2.99/ea at Safeway....Well...they're on sale for $1.29/ea :happy: Sooo I bought 2 cases of my favorite Chicken Noodle & Chicken with Rice:drinker: :heart:
  • HerbieSue
    HerbieSue Posts: 288
    Options
    Sometimes I find them at the Dollar Store!!
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Love the whole line with Lentil being my favorite. But aren't they a little high in sodium? That's why I shy away a bit.

Agree. I like low sodium Progresso Soups, all flavors, and also Campbell Healthy Request but I find all of them high in sodium even when they are supposed to be low. I am also staying away from them and I only have them once in a while with a salad and a fruit. Anything that is low in sodium.

It is upsetting because it could be a fast lunch sometimes, specially when I don't have the time to make my own soup. Darn!
  • mandypooh2103
    mandypooh2103 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I have never tried any but sounds like i will be filling up for the upcoming season.....as well my two girls really like soups so I think we will have to go for it!!!!
  • HerBravado
    HerBravado Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I often wondered if I were the only one in love with those soups--but now I know not ! :) My favorite is chicken & rice--I save them for only a couple of nights a week; & days where I haven't had much sodium. Other than the sodium content, they're really good for a low-cal meal. ~
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I thought the high fiber tomato was pretty good. Pot roast was O.K., but the meat tasted strange. Will have to check out the lower sodium ones.
  • virginiagomes
    virginiagomes Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I am afraid of having them because of the high sodium content, but now I will check the low sodium version.
  • hunterr
    hunterr Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I often cook up some veggies, and then add a can of soup to the veggies and the broth that the vegetables made. It brings the sodium down and often also brings the calories down per serving.

I just look at the can, and often the picture will give me ideas of what to add. Often a vegetable that is shown in the picture as being only added in a tiny amount.

Starting cooking from scratch is often just too overwhelming to me. I can handle 10 minutes of prep, and waiting for something to simmer for 15-20 minutes though.

I also use this trick with a lot of other canned and frozen dinners. A 1/2 serving of many prepared foods can be added to some veggies and broth, or served over a pile of boiled vegetables, or on a salad.

Boil some green peppers, celery and onions, and add a little baked beans for a baked bean soup.

For a cheese soup, cook up some cauliflower or broccoli really soft and mash or blend it with some of the water, then add a 1/2 serving of the cheese soup.

Chowders are great stretched with celery, onions, mushrooms and some of the broth.

1/2 serving of a pasta meal served on broccoli.

Curries go good on cauliflower.

Some beef dishes do great on green beans.

Many prepared foods can chopped up small and be added to a bed of raw salad or to a bed of lightly steamed spinach.

I just use the prepared foods as meal starters, not the meal.