100+lbs to lose - how do you motivate yourself?

Options
2»

Replies

• JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I love all of your replies, thank you!

I think my problem is that I don't actually feel like I have lost any weight as yet. People don't notice (or if they do, say nothing) my clothes don't feel much looser.
    It's a head game. No one noticed that I was losing until I'd lost about 30 lbs. You know you have though, you know you're on the right track so just keep on keeping on. It will come.
    I think also, I always fail, so because I am actually getting results right now, I guess in my mind, I think maybe I will put back on or something - I don't always quite believe that I am going to succeed.
    You know what? Me too. I always failed (previously) and it takes a while to change that mindset and start believing in yourself. That will come too though. Read through the "success stories". There are lots of folks here who have tried and failed many times before, and then found that something clicked with this. It can happen, and does happen. You've got this. :flowerforyou:
  • newtothishelp
    newtothishelp Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I love all of your replies, thank you!

I think my problem is that I don't actually feel like I have lost any weight as yet. People don't notice (or if they do, say nothing) my clothes don't feel much looser.
    It's a head game. No one noticed that I was losing until I'd lost about 30 lbs. You know you have though, you know you're on the right track so just keep on keeping on. It will come.
    I think also, I always fail, so because I am actually getting results right now, I guess in my mind, I think maybe I will put back on or something - I don't always quite believe that I am going to succeed.
    You know what? Me too. I always failed (previously) and it takes a while to change that mindset and start believing in yourself. That will come too though. Read through the "success stories". There are lots of folks here who have tried and failed many times before, and then found that something clicked with this. It can happen, and does happen. You've got this. :flowerforyou:

Thanks JesterMFP :smile: