Cardio - Rollerblading

Options
Tic150
Tic150 Posts: 23 Member
Hello! I'm not a huge fan of cardio, but I really like rollerblading.
I was wondering how many calories it burns. I weight 110 pounds (50 kg).
How can you make it more effective? I have read that you can do High Intensity Interval Training when rollerblading (rollerblading at a medium pace for 10 minutes and then really fast for 3 minutes, a few times). Are there other methods to make rollerblading more efficient?

Replies

• Beckilovespizza
    Beckilovespizza Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Hi! I also love to skate and have started up a skate club with my friends. We go every Saturday morning if the weather is nice. I weigh 99lbs and burn approx 250 cals in one hour skating. I would think u would burn around 270ish? Best thing to do is check MFP database for skating and put in various times, it would give u an approx estimated burn. I have heard others say MFP can over estimate cals burned so be conservative. Enjoy the skating and yes mix up fast and slow pace, maybe some hills?
  • Tic150
    Options
    Thanks ! :smile:
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    I haven't properly rollerbladed in years, but I was once a major blader (13th in the state for Aggressive blading). Really it's like anything else (Running/cycling etc) You can either go faster on the flat, or head up hills that aren't so steep they cause you to 'walk'.
  • Tic150
    Options
    That's cool. Thanks ! :)