Deam Job....

Options
OllyReeves
OllyReeves Posts: 579 Member
If you could do anything for a living......what would it be?

Oh, gotta love a typo in the thread title. Humph.

Replies

• elusive_design
    elusive_design Posts: 1,095 Member
    Options
    Combat choreography for theatre companies. If I could make a living doing it.. you can bet your sweet whatever I would hop on that bandwagon in a jiffy!
  • Sofie1313
    Sofie1313 Posts: 17
    Options
    piano playing in a bar or heart surgery
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be an archaeologist.
  • Noogynoogs
    Noogynoogs Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Icecream taster lol
  • ImaWaterBender
    ImaWaterBender Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I would have a dedicated studio for my painting and just paint all the time.

Man, I want this so badly.

image.jpg
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I would love to own my own business. There are about 10 different businesses I'd enjoy running. I've helped my parents with their businesses and know that I could do it pretty easily, and have experience and a knack for certain things (accounting, networking, PR) as well as many local connections that would help me succeed.

The downside for me would be fear of failure, and the rising, sometimes uncontrollable costs for insurance (all types including health insurance) and the nightmare of having employees and rewarding them adequately balanced with the limitations of being a solo or family run operation. I prefer having the stability of working for larger businesses and not dealing with all of that...unfortunately. Maybe someday that will change, but I kind of doubt it.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Run and operate my own no kill animal shelter.
  • Swilla_Swole
    Swilla_Swole Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    To be Marty Kaan from House of Lies
  • cbhubbybubble
    cbhubbybubble Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Professional poker player
  • Fat2FitMyDrive
    Fat2FitMyDrive Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I would love to open a Fitness/Health Center. I've always wondered why you don't see many gyms or fitness centers with accompanying vitamin/supplement/health food establishments connected or teamed up so to speak. So honestly I would love to do something like this.
  • _Figgzie_
    _Figgzie_ Posts: 3,506 Member
    Options
    sorry don't have a "deam" job
  • OllyReeves
    OllyReeves Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    sorry don't have a "deam" job

OH! HAHAHAHAHA whatever.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Spelling bee announcer.
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    i would love to operate my own dive bar.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    professional animal liberator

but i mean id just get arrested a lot

but still sounds good to me
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I have my dream job, but at this time, it takes the backseat to my full-time desk job because I need the benefits I get from the desk job.

My husband and I own a pet sitting/dog boarding business. On top of that, we work for a local trainer doing board and train. We generally have our 4 dogs plus 4-6 other dogs in our home at any one time. Right now we have one trainee, one foster dog, 3 boarders and our own 4 dogs. It can be chaotic, but we love every minute of it.
  • vanillacoffee
    vanillacoffee Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Human Resource lawyer, dream part comes in to be mostly pro bono for students and part time retail workers.