SLIM FAST

Options
HI

i am new to this and forgive me if I am posting in the wrong place.

Was wondering if anyone else was using slimfast. I have been on it for almost 3 week. 6 pounds gone all ready. Next weigh in Monday. Struggling for receipe/dinner ideas so a browse through some food plans would be really helpful.
Thanks.

Replies

• Joeysgirl
    Options
    Try to eat lean meats (chicken, fish, etc) to up your protein and pair it with veggies, fruit, and SMALL servings of carbs if you want them (whole grain pasta, rice, bread). If you start eating 5 meals or so a day, they don't have to be so big and you never get overly hungry. You should be eating every few hours something. Hope that helps! :)
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I use it first thing of a morning as it easy, then I do my morning walk. I hate how much sugar is in it, but it does allow my bloodsugar to stay at a range where I can burn it off during my morning walk. It is the sugar in the blood that feeds everything.
  • IbettR
    IbettR Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Absolutely, you posted in the right place!! :wink: My husband needs Slim Fast in the morning cuz he's one picky breakfast eater :ohwell: It works for him, so go for it!! Everyone here has different things that work for them. It has a bit of sugar content, but if you don't suffer drom Diabetes, it's a winner for many :smile:

For dinner options: make your oven your best friend :happy: It helps alot! Lower your sodium intake as much as you can, and in its place, incorporate lots of seasonings, lemon, garlic, onions, low sodium chicken broth... :love: Get creative!! Best of luck to you!!! I'll send you a request, and keep in touch with you! :flowerforyou:
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    I personally don't get the whole "meal replacement" thing. I like food. It's tasty. Fake chocolate shakes aren't going to change that.

I like free things! So I use resources like Women's Health Magazine and Self.com and kind of mish mash my own "food plans".

Before starting MFP I used this meal plan pretty loosely:
    http://www.womenshealthmag.com/fitness/six-week-weight-loss-meal-plan-week-1

I didn't lose much (I wasn't that strict about sticking to it) but it helped me re-learn what my "typical" day should be so that eating out was the exception not the rule. Also, even if you don't use the plan, it has some tasty recipes attached ("See all recipies in your mealplan" button)
  • ashbridge
    Options
    I drink one in the morning on my way out to the gym. It's easy and I can stand the taste. I find the more I exercise, the hungrier I get, so I have started to eat something with the slim fast. I don't think it's a good think to replace many a meals a day like it suggest. You gotta get your protein, fruit and veggies in as well!
  • Radders1
    Options
    Hi

Thanks for your reply and encouragement. You really are a friendly bunch.

I am finding it quite easy as I for years have not eaten enough!!!!! Mad isnt it. I feel so much better in myself since starting on it and I dont get half as many headaches.

Thanks for the offer to keep in touch. That would be grate. Thank you.

JR x
  • lulu_beans
    lulu_beans Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I like Herbalife shakes, just not for every meal. I will replace a meal every now and then, but I can't do the "suggested diet." - TIP: Herbalife shake mix makes good pies...AND if you make a shake with less milk and a little more mix, you can freeze it and it makes an awesome ice cream which is high in protein and vitamins, but low in fat and calories :)