Went off the rails yesterday, but... NSV?

Options
I felt really bad yesterday evening about going off the rails, but this morning I realized that now... going 'off the rails' means I went over on my calorie allotment by 400 calories. Which isn't really nearly as bad as what a binge day -used- to mean for me.

I went off my scheduled meals and ate a HUGE bowl of sugar-filled frozen yogurt for lunch instead of a proper lunch, and it messed me up for the rest of the day, I felt like I was starving all day. So then I had a nice salad and a small burger from Wendys for supper, but afterwards, followed up with an ice cream sandwich and a couple handfulls of special K cracker chips. Then later on someone brings home more burgers and offers me one. And by that point I'm just... '**** it'.

But I tracked it all and I was over less than 400 calories. And it was one of the worst days since I started tracking 120 days ago. I feel like... if that's the worst, then I must be heading in the right direction.

Btw, my diary is open for anyone to have a peek.

Replies

• ashdawg8790
    ashdawg8790 Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Good for you to recognize that there is progress rather than giving up entirely! That's a critical step! :)
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    You had a big bowl of frozen yogurt but you didn't add all the crap that would make it worth 1000 cals or anything like that.

So for teaching your body new tricks, you get a huge "way to go"!!

:flowerforyou: