Replies

• rosehips60
    rosehips60 Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Great work, you are inspirational!
  • Fat2FitMyDrive
    Fat2FitMyDrive Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Can you tell us a bit more about how you've achieved this? You look great, the transformation is incredible.

Well that is easy and hard to answer. I have struggled with my weight my entire life. With that I have done every crash diet, severe calorie cutting, extreme workout regimen, etc etc you can possibly imagine! Every single time I gained every pound back and in some cases even more. It's was never a question to me of can it be done... I lost 109lbs in 3 months back in 2004 granted I was 24 years old then and literally cut my caloric intake down to 1300-1500 a day all while doing extreme workouts 7 days a week! This of course worked, but I gained it all back and then some. So... How I changed my perspective and in turn my life was simple. I changed my focus from deprivation to moderation. I have always been a work horse in the gym with a never say die attitude so even on an off day I still spend at least an hour and a half in the gym busting my butt... That has never been an issue. Food was and always has been my biggest combatant. I still enjoy the things I love even the ones that aren't necessarily good for me, but I do it in moderation. Instead of sitting down and eating an entire container of pringles 4 times a week I may have 1 or 2 servings of pringles a week with a lunch meal and by servings I mean literally a serving as it is outlined on the package so 11-13 chips. I have an enourmous sweet tooth, so I found alternative methods to satisfying that sweet tooth as well as still endulging in my classic favorites such as M&Ms or Twix, but I buy either the small bite size packages and have one or two when the craving strikes or an alternative such as a Quest Almond Joy which is a recipe I found via thefitbaldman.com where you take a chocolate chip cookie dough quest bar, cut it into 6 pieces, put a small layer of shaved coconut on top of it, and coat it in melted stevia chocolate chips, and toss it in the freezer for an hour... wahlah bit sized protein packed almond joys! So, for me it's been a combination of educating myself on how I can still enjoy food even the things I "shouldn't" be eating in moderation while creating healthy alternatives, and simply busting my butt in the gym. I think the one part of all this I am the most proud of is even though I have only lost 77lbs of my ultimate goal in 9 months I have cut my body fat literally in half and that is where the bulk of my body change has come from. I change up my gym routines weekly going from complex routines such as the Gironda Method 6x6 to extreme hard core routines like CT Fletcher's Iron Marathon. I am always challenging myself and working towards progess daily be it a few more reps than I did last time, or running a mile 10 sec faster today then yesterday, or even adding a few pounds to a set. We only change when we present new things, challenging ourselves to continue to improve, and most importantly and a huge key at least for me is STAYING MOTIVATED! Don't let life get in the way... Make time to improve yourself. Sometimes that means training late at night or super early in the morning, but DO IT! Your self confidence, your self worth, and your body in general will thank you for it! YOU DESERVE TO BE A BETTER YOU!
  • happyindian
    happyindian Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    wow...wht an amazing transformation. I am inspired by your story, specially where u say u have chosen moderation over deprivation. I feel it is the change in attitude towards weight loss that is the most important factor in this journey. Thank u for posting your story.
  • Fat2FitMyDrive
    Options
    Thank you and it's truth. No gimmicks, no diet pills, no crash dieting. Just hard work and I used MFP to keep track of my caloric intake until I really felt like I had a grasp of it on my own. I still feel it is very important to track your intake, but now that I'm pretty well versed in what the things I regularly eat "cost" so to speak I record everything in a pocket notebook instead of the app simply because I find it easier to flip back in my book and look at past meals, days, etc etc if I'm looking for something in particular and I feel I personally keep better track when I write it down myself. Why I don't know it's probably all in my head, but it works for me.
  • ScottH_200
    ScottH_200 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    ***WEIGH*** to go! You look great and are on the right track. Keep it up!
  • slimbettie
    slimbettie Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Amazing results. You can be very proud of your accomplishment.
  • Fat2FitMyDrive
    Options
    Thank you! Hustle brings the muscle! I appreciate all the awesome feedback and positive comments! I'm looking at all the ads on this page laughing because yes... I am A SPARTAN!!!! AROO!
  • logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Thank you for taking the time to explain, really appreciate it!
  • lonnieh2
    lonnieh2 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Just poking my head in to say...really inspiring. Love the way you have changed your attitude about food. I am in the same boat. never had a problem working hard in the gym...but I just love to eat. I am planning on doing a spartan race too when I get the rest of this weight off...maybe the one you mentioned in South Carolina. I'm down 65 and will be at my ultimate goal in a month. Rock on Luke.
  • Fat2FitMyDrive
    Options
    Hey Thank you and great job yourself Lonnie! This life is a wild ride and making the best out of every minute is what it's all about. Keep pushing to your goal sir! Keep me posted as I'd love to celebrate with you when you reach it!
  • Fat2FitMyDrive
    Options
    Thank you for taking the time to explain, really appreciate it!

No problem at all! If I can help or inspire just one person along this journey that would mean the world to me!
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    I am about an hour away from the Carolina spartan race. Thanks for the heads up, I may give it a shot.
  • RoseBred
    RoseBred Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story! Very inspiring to all of us. Keep up the good and hard work!
  • Fat2FitMyDrive
    Options
    I am about an hour away from the Carolina spartan race. Thanks for the heads up, I may give it a shot.

Awesome man! It's worth every ounce of effort you put into it! I trained my butt off for my first race and it was one of the most rewarding experiences of my life. I'm looking forward to completing the 12 Hour Hurricane Heat and qualifying for the 48 Hour Death Race... Yes you heard that right! Only way to be is all in no half assed attempts here! You've got plenty of time to train and if I may make two suggestions... Work on pull ups, rope climbing if possible, and get real good at doing burpees!
  • Fat2FitMyDrive
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story! Very inspiring to all of us. Keep up the good and hard work!

Thank you very much!
  • jassyjan1
    jassyjan1 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    amazing progress, your looking great!!!
  • Renneke
    Renneke Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, that is a fantastic weight loss. You look great!
  • runningmomks
    Options
    Amazing transformation! Congrats
  • meggyshae
    meggyshae Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I am so so so soooo proud of you!!!! Don't you EVER stop fighting for what you deserve!!!! Because you're worth it damnit!
  • Fat2FitMyDrive
    Options
    Thank you so much! You are all awesome and I appreciate every single kind and encouraging word!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!