If you have nothing nice to say...

Options

Replies

• Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Im truly sorry you had a bad experience here but your opening statement was so rude and asking for someone to retaliate. Why so offensive. I knew absolutely nothing before coming here, but by the help of people who HAD BEEN THERE AND DONE IT I slowly learned. We are all different and know you don't start a post like that.. If you truly are a trainer, I hope you don't treat your customers with that abrasive attitude. Just sayin.. Have a great day and I truly mean that...
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen many of OP's posts yet, but the ones I've noticed have been what others already mentioned; comments without any further backing up with something substantial.

I stopped by the ladies lifting weights thread in January, but haven't due to finances been able to pursue that path any further. Yesterday I did some calculations and turns out I might be able to start the free-weight stuff in June. I asked my FL whether they have some fave threads here and Varda was kind enough to point me to Stronglifts 5x5. On the blog of that website, there had been a Hiring ad up and in said position description the guy included a hole bunch of research to be done. See, that's something I appreciate; honesty and backed up by science. I don't want to jump into anything that can be harmful somehow and it's a huge red flag for me to hear a personal trainer, coach or similar refuses to discuss what happens behind the curtain. From my point of view that means you have something to hide. And based on the reactions in this thread, so do many others. If you feel your method is solid, why not participate in a debate in the name of openness?
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    I appreciate your attempts to give people educated information and figure you must have come here originally becauses of needing some support or why bother? However, there are a lot of people who have more issues than weight to lose, so don't be surprised that you get scammed by them.

Best luck in your mission.
    I'm sorry, but scammed by who? And scammed how?
    Herbalife?:tongue: Sorry, couldn't resist.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yeah. That confused me. If anyone is scamming anyone, it's the OP with the Herbalife stuff.

Yes! :-) if anyone is scamming, its him!!
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    You don't want to be trolled and we don't want to be spammed. Stop the spamming and I guarantee that the trolling will stop.
    This.
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    There's so much drama on the MFP - it's kinda hard being Snoop D-O-double-G...

snoop+dogg.gif
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    There's so much drama on the MFP - it's kinda hard being Snoop D-O-double-G...

snoop+dogg.gif
    lol
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the internet, bb.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I know you say you won't be back and I hope they don't kill it before you can read this.

You've shared a lot of information. Most of it is not backed by science. This community is pretty fast to jump on things like that because there are new members who really don't know that it's horrible information and that following it won't necessarily help. Some of the information you have posted could hinder progress for people because you are encouraging them to eliminate foods that they enjoy. They don't need to eliminate them and many people who eliminate them end up on a restrict/binge cycle instead of learning moderation, which will ensure them long term success.

Also, you claim over and over again to have dropped from 13% to 5% body fat. Your pictures are not 5% body fat. I have dropped from 42% body fat to 18% body fat. Your claims on your body fat are false. Also, just because you've dropped some body fat and you have visible abs doesn't make you an expert. Many of us with visible abs (men and women) eat the foods you say are immediately stored as fat. You can encourage people to cut back on foods that are less nutrient dense, but telling people that they are stored as fat even in a calorie deficit is false.

I highly encourage your next post to be something with science behind it. Please come back and start a topic with peer reviewed studies and not just random information.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    ...don't respond to my posts. I didn't come here to "troll" or to be "trolled." I didn't come here to get into an internet war with anyone, and I think it's ridiculous. I didn't come here to "sell anything." I came here to help people with advice, and give good nutritional advice. I came here to make a few friends in the process. I am not hurting anyone. If you are here to judge my every move based on your own perception of me, while you don't know a damn thing about me, that says a lot about you. Maybe you have a complex about yourself you haven't figured out yet. You worry about your posts, and let me worry about my own. I don't go and attack anyone for posting anything they wish. Show me the same respect.
    If you have nothing true to say, don't post.
  • F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    If you post incorrect, misleading or downright harmful information, people are going to step up and point it out. This is a community for helping each other. While you may feel like you're being bashed and unsupported (and you may rightfully be on the receiving end of that) please realize it has very little to do with YOU, and everything to do with getting the correct information out there to help the OTHER members of the community that you are actively providing that bad information to. This community exists to support others and help them reach their goals. Don't expect to come here, preaching fallacies and gain a horde of supportive followers.
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    If you post incorrect, misleading or downright harmful information, people are going to step up and point it out. This is a community for helping each other. While you may feel like you're being bashed and unsupported (and you may rightfully be on the receiving end of that) please realize it has very little to do with YOU, and everything to do with getting the correct information out there to help the OTHER members of the community that you are actively providing that bad information to. This community exists to support others and help them reach their goals. Don't expect to come here, preaching fallacies and gain a horde of supportive followers.

This. I'm kind of surprised he wasn't banned for spreading unhealthy misinformation.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    ...don't respond to my posts. I didn't come here to "troll" or to be "trolled." I didn't come here to get into an internet war with anyone, and I think it's ridiculous. I didn't come here to "sell anything." I came here to help people with advice, and give good nutritional advice. I came here to make a few friends in the process. I am not hurting anyone. If you are here to judge my every move based on your own perception of me, while you don't know a damn thing about me, that says a lot about you. Maybe you have a complex about yourself you haven't figured out yet. You worry about your posts, and let me worry about my own. I don't go and attack anyone for posting anything they wish. Show me the same respect.
    So you're saying that if you post incorrect and downright dangerous and incorrect 'nutritional advice' we should just let that stand? Err No. You have the right to post your opinion and others have the right to refute anything you say. If you can't handle being questioned maybe give the Internet a miss
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    I know you say you won't be back and I hope they don't kill it before you can read this.

You've shared a lot of information. Most of it is not backed by science. This community is pretty fast to jump on things like that because there are new members who really don't know that it's horrible information and that following it won't necessarily help. Some of the information you have posted could hinder progress for people because you are encouraging them to eliminate foods that they enjoy. They don't need to eliminate them and many people who eliminate them end up on a restrict/binge cycle instead of learning moderation, which will ensure them long term success.

Also, you claim over and over again to have dropped from 13% to 5% body fat. Your pictures are not 5% body fat. I have dropped from 42% body fat to 18% body fat. Your claims on your body fat are false. Also, just because you've dropped some body fat and you have visible abs doesn't make you an expert. Many of us with visible abs (men and women) eat the foods you say are immediately stored as fat. You can encourage people to cut back on foods that are less nutrient dense, but telling people that they are stored as fat even in a calorie deficit is false.

I highly encourage your next post to be something with science behind it. Please come back and start a topic with peer reviewed studies and not just random information.

Can I just add to this wonderful.....

Random information that hasn't been rampantly PLAGIARIZED. Spreading misinformation is bad enough, but plagiarism is something that upsets me on a personal level. :explode:

Seriously, my students know better then to leave entire sentences in tact to be pasted in to a google search!
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Tagging to follow.
  • InevitableButterfly
    InevitableButterfly Posts: 340 Member
    Options

Dude, your profile photo and your entire profile are one huge advert for your product. You came here to try to get 'clients' and sell your shiz. Don't lie. Your profile has been reported to MFP for being a huge violation of ToS and Community Guidelines.

Cheers.
  • CarolinkaCjj
    CarolinkaCjj Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

It's pretty bad when you enter a thread of the usual clean eaters vs in-moderation eaters who (in the midst of things getting heated up and heading down the usual crash and burn pattern) literally stop everything to band together to tell you NO :angry:.
    [/quote]

^^^This is why I love this site. It is one of the corners of reason I have found in the internet where science appears to be respected. Gives me hope for humanity.
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options

Random information that hasn't been rampantly PLAGIARIZED. Spreading misinformation is bad enough, but plagiarism is something that upsets me on a personal level. :explode:

Seriously, my students know better then to leave entire sentences in tact to be pasted in to a google search!
    I'm trying to figure out what you mean by this, but I don't get it.
  • Bernadette60614
    Bernadette60614 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    OP: Thanks!

I don't know anything about your background or history here, so I won't comment on that.

What I'm thanking you for is for saying: Let's treat one another with respect.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options

I'm trying to figure out what you mean by this, but I don't get it.

In another thread posted, which has since been removed, the OP basically just ripped all of the "nutritional advice" directly. No citation, no nothing, just passing it off as his own benevolent wisdom. So he didn't even bother to write half of his post himself, he just copied and pasted from other sources and hoped nobody would notice. People noticed.
  • SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    Proving once again that there is no such thing as bad publicity. My guess is that the number of people who actually saw your adver-posts has tripled since you started this thread. Well played, OP. Well played.
This discussion has been closed.