Am I on the right path to losing my belly fat?? Need advice!

Options
124»

Replies

• ashnicbro
    ashnicbro Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Actually, you look awesome. You can't change your basic shape.

30 days to try and beat any body fat is unrealistic.

Have you thought of heavy weight lifting?

Honestly, no. Why? I am terrified that I am going to get too muscular. I am actually fine with every other part of my body EXCEPT my stomach. I am naturally skinny. Runs in the family.,

Don't be afraid to lift weights. Heavy lifting has definitely changed my body composition and I've always been 'petite' even when I was a little overweight. Trust me, you won't get 'too muscular'. It takes a lot of dedication and other things to look like the image in your head when you think 'too muscular'.

Make sure to keep your macros in check, start a 'pick things up and put them down' program and see this awesome thread :flowerforyou: : http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/977538-halp-heavy-lifting-made-me-supah-bulky

After looking at these women on the lifting threads..my fear of lifting is GONE! I just need to find out how to get started! :)
  • ashnicbro
    ashnicbro Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    OP, Please…PLEASE look at this thread:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1281688-from-skinny-fat-to-fit-and-muscular

Edit: I just want to add, I actually think you should eat more and lift and ditch the cardio (at least cardio as your plan for the majority of your exercising).

She looks great! I'm just scared that I'm gonna look crazy with a bunch of muscles when I'm naturally skinny. That just my body shape. I will definitely research this though.Thanks! :)

You wont look crazy

start adding in calistenics, situps, pushups jumping jacks, add weights (I started with 5lb dumbells)

Study about weight lifting and go from there

I know do weighted sit ups, push ups, and free weights at the gym

though with the nice weather here I have been slipping with my weight lifting game at the gym, still do weighted calistenics at home

Oh yes, YOGA, intense YOGA not "gentle" yoga, you will build muscle becuase you stretch and work against your own body weight

strength training is the way to go here :)

or dont, you look great!

Thank you!
  • SrMaggalicious
    SrMaggalicious Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    OP, Please…PLEASE look at this thread:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1281688-from-skinny-fat-to-fit-and-muscular

Edit: I just want to add, I actually think you should eat more and lift and ditch the cardio (at least cardio as your plan for the majority of your exercising).

She looks great! I'm just scared that I'm gonna look crazy with a bunch of muscles when I'm naturally skinny. That just my body shape. I will definitely research this though.Thanks! :)

You wont look crazy

start adding in calistenics, situps, pushups jumping jacks, add weights (I started with 5lb dumbells)

Study about weight lifting and go from there

I know do weighted sit ups, push ups, and free weights at the gym

though with the nice weather here I have been slipping with my weight lifting game at the gym, still do weighted calistenics at home

Oh yes, YOGA, intense YOGA not "gentle" yoga, you will build muscle becuase you stretch and work against your own body weight

strength training is the way to go here :)

or dont, you look great!

Thank you!

...and to answer your question: yes, you are on the correct path to losing your belly fat. don't be afraid to pick up some weights...your body (and bones) will love you for it. Speaking of bones, it's a good thing you stopped drinking soda - it depletes the calcium from your body - among other things. Good luck, you're adorable, and have fun!