My progress so far with pics

Options

Replies

• logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I can certainly see a change. Your waist looks great.

Do you mind me asking how you have achieved your success?
  • katkins73
    katkins73 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful! It is so motivating to see how much difference 23lb looks on someone petite (I'm 5ft1). You look amazing in that pencil skirt :smile:
  • Chimis_Siq
    Chimis_Siq Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    You look great! Hottie! Just remember this is a process, its a journey. Its not something that gets completed in this or that many months in this or that many calories. As someone who has been doing this for 11 months..it doesn't get easier, you just get stronger. As long as you are putting in work everyday and eating right itll come off when its ready. We treat our bodies not so good for years and then we get inpatient when it doesn't come off in 4 months..Itll come just keep doing it everyday. :) Great job, great work, dust yourself off and lets get this done :)
  • maryetamfp
    maryetamfp Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I can certainly see a change. Your waist looks great.

Do you mind me asking how you have achieved your success?

Hi there!

Just keeping a deficit in my calories and filling them in with healthy/wholesome food, eating 5/6 times per day and drinking loads of water. When I started, I was also doing Insanity, which probably helped a lot as well, but I stopped when I completed the first month and now I only go walking and I'm tying to run 3 times per week to train for a 5k I'm running in June. Because I'm exercising less now I keep my calories a bit lower but it depends on the day. I think the main main change for me was the "non drinking any water AT ALL to drink at least 1.5-2 ltrs per day and to eat 5/6 times a day as I really am full and much more energetic. I know I've probably lost too much for the time I have been dong it but I guess you always lose faster when you start and also, most of it was probably water retention.

I'm definitely happy with my new lifestyle as I see it as that, I don't see it as a temporary fix or as a diet, it's just learning how to do it and change your lifestyle forever :)
  • prettyface55
    prettyface55 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    wow!! amazing transformation!
  • rsoice
    rsoice Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Great Job!
  • maryetamfp
    Options
    You look great! Hottie! Just remember this is a process, its a journey. Its not something that gets completed in this or that many months in this or that many calories. As someone who has been doing this for 11 months..it doesn't get easier, you just get stronger. As long as you are putting in work everyday and eating right itll come off when its ready. We treat our bodies not so good for years and then we get inpatient when it doesn't come off in 4 months..Itll come just keep doing it everyday. :) Great job, great work, dust yourself off and lets get this done :)

I know, when I made the choice I knew I was looking for a new lifestyle, not a temporary/quick fix, fade diet. I've lost the weight naturally by eating well, staying under and exercising when I could but I know I've probably lost too much in the time I've been doing this (which scares me a bit with the possible "you'll gain everything right back") but I went from not drinking any water to drinking a lot and to move my *kitten* from being a coach potato, so I hope it's not a super "unhealthy rythm" which is going to affect me somehow in the future! Also, I also have quite a lot to lose, so I guess the first kilos always go away quicker than the rest so I'm aware that I'll probably stop losing 0.5kg/1 kg per week at some point.

Your comment does help a lot though and so far, even if last week I had a few "I can't see the difference" moments, I'm very happy with my choice as I don't feel as being on a diet but rather knowing what I'm doing and having an idea of portions control and stuff. I hope I stay this way and reach the 11 months and plenty more :)

Thank you everyone, you are a great bunch!!!
  • maryetamfp
    Options
    Right, have just added some pics taken today to my profile, finally showing my face (which I´m sure you could live without, anyway... haha)! First time in my life I wear a tight dress, I´be bought it for my birthday next Thursday and I think I´ll definitely wear it... Feeling a bit more positive today :)
  • NCbeachgirl27006
    NCbeachgirl27006 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for this post. I recently started - my start weight was 168 and my goal is 132 and I am 5'2". You look absolutely fabulous. I appreciate you talking about all the exercise you are doing. That is where I am having problems but I am improving every day thanks to this forum and people like yourself. Best of luck to you. You look wonderful and have a great attitude. That's all it takes. :bigsmile:
  • MuscleHeadNerd74
    MuscleHeadNerd74 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    Awesome stay with it always remember fitness is a lifestyle. .. Keep up the good work
  • imzadi481
    imzadi481 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    You are doing great, don't get discouraged!
  • maryetamfp
    Options
    Thank you so much for this post. I recently started - my start weight was 168 and my goal is 132 and I am 5'2". You look absolutely fabulous. I appreciate you talking about all the exercise you are doing. That is where I am having problems but I am improving every day thanks to this forum and people like yourself. Best of luck to you. You look wonderful and have a great attitude. That's all it takes. :bigsmile:

Hey, thanks for your comment and... let's do it!!! To be honest, I started really strong exercise-wise but had a break after being on holiday and, even if I try to still do something (some walking every day and running 2-3 times per week + Just Dance 2014!!), think that 80% of the journey is about the nutrition and getting your calories right. As long as you are still on a deficit (doing exercise or not), you'll keep losing :) And, you can find something you really really like which you would stick to (for me, I love dancing, for example, so for me it's easier to get the PS3 on and have a bit of fun (or, "sweaty fun"). In any case, good luck with your journey, you can add me as a friend if you want so we can keep track of each other :)
  • maryetamfp
    Options
    Posting the photos from yesterday in big here:

an2L9Q0l.jpg

9InjTRnl.jpg
  • maryetamfp
    Options
    I'm not sure how to edit the first post so I'm adding an update here.

I'm now down to 74.7 which finally puts me on the "overweight" category, so I'm not classed as "obese" anymore. Still think the BMI is not that accurate for everyone, I have very big/wide constitution so I'm not sure if I lose 14 kgs more, i'd look healthy! Will see.

Posting an updated picture so you can see :)

5BUTaagl.jpg
  • dreamcrusher227
    dreamcrusher227 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss! I know how hard it is to maintain focus and dedication and how easy it is to give into self-pity and temporary defeats/plateaus. As women, we face even a greater challenge in our weight loss efforts b/c of less muscle mass than men as well as hormones that jack up the bloat on a monthly basis (not to mention what happens when you get closer meno-pot, I mean menopause). It is great that you keep taking pictures b/c they don't lie even though our minds do. I am sure you still see yourself as your starting weight so having a photograph can inspire you when you need encouragement. 23 lbs in 3 mos is a significant loss and you should be very, very proud!
  • maryetamfp
    Options
    Thanks for your kind words :) I have slowed down a lot, but the important thing is that I keep on losing, even if it´s only little now. I have now lost a total of 27lbs, getting there!
  • karmac0matic
    karmac0matic Posts: 285
    Options
    You're looking extremely great! Your progress is most admirable :-)
  • abcreed
    abcreed Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!

And I absolutely love that skirt! :)
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    Just Amazing! WOW Congratulations
  • maryetamfp
    Options
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!