Can you take advantage of Metabolic Adaptation?

Options
For example the bodys reaction to decreased food intake is slowing weight loss and decreasing metabolism. So wouldnt eating more cause the opposite, as i remember before i started fitness i used to eat ALOT and i was heavier than i am now but not even by that much and i averaged maybe like 4000 calories a day of mostly junk food without gaining weight which is way more than someone of that size can normally eat while maintaining and take in mind i BARELY exercised.

Replies

• vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. Take me for example. My maintenance calories are just around 3300 a day. When I diet for long enough, I find my maintenance dips to around 3000. If I am in a bulking phase I generally start with calories around 3600 in order to gain weight but as months go by it slowly requires more calories to keep the weight gain going. By the time I end a 6 month bulk I am generally eating 4000 calories a day for the same weight gain that I got eating 3600 a few months prior.
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Yep, you sure can. Check out this video by Layne Norton. He has a PhD in protein metabolism, is a natural body-builder/power-lifter, and is a fitness competitor coach.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3gTGLulLnI

Allan