What video games do you play to lose weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• trinity9058
    trinity9058 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I do Dance Central on Xbox 360 Kinect. I have all three of them and I can make my own playlists to suit my workout needs. I can also move songs from the old game to the new one, like I can move songs from Dance Central 1 to Dance Central 3. It really gets me moving and I have to actually learn the dances, there are no shortcuts on these. I can also download new songs whenever I want. I love these games.

I have lost over thirty pounds with these games (and then I gained it all back while it was in storage) and I actually get excited for working out. I love the mix of the music too, it ranges from oldies to the new stuff. I can't imagine where I would be without them.
  • ashdawg8790
    ashdawg8790 Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    "Dance Central" and "Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2012" for the XBox Kinect. <3
  • suppakana
    suppakana Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    DDR! :happy:
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    DDR and Just Dance were my games of choice
  • FairlyOddChelle
    FairlyOddChelle Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Xbox One fitness. There is something for everyone and the feedback keeps me at max effort throughout with a surprisingly good calorie burn. Definitely a great pick if you need a quick 10-30 min total body workout

Fair warning the HRM offered on Xbone isn't great and calories burned is a fraction of what Polar HRM says. So I stck with Polar since thats their specialty.

I noticed that, too. I just stick to whatever MFP says for like, "general, dancing". I remember there being a weight option on the Xbox 360> Kinect Settings. But, I never bothered with that. I'm wondering, though, if I go back and adjust the settings on my 360 if it will carry over to the One. I just don't get why there isn't an option to enter in one's weight.
  • tabbyblack13
    tabbyblack13 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I have 2 systems that are used for fitness. The XBox 360 has "Your Shape" and "Zumba Rush". I also have an old PS2 with DDR and attached foam dance pad that I use.

The fitness games are not the only thing I use. I also have several DVDs. Several Tae Bo, Zumba DVDs, and 10 min trainer. Plus a C25K training. I just want a variety for my exercise program.
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    The one where I set the controller down, put on some shoes, and go outside and walk or run.

I assume you're referring to Zombies Run? That's a decent app for the phone, I find it works best when running parks.

I actually set up an Xbox 360 in front of my treadmill in the my basement. It's a great way to burn some extra calories while having fun.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    The one where I set the controller down, put on some shoes, and go outside and walk or run.

I assume you're referring to Zombies Run? That's a decent app for the phone, I find it works best when running parks.

I actually set up an Xbox 360 in front of my treadmill in the my basement. It's a great way to burn some extra calories while having fun.

I use Zombies Run. It's entertaining and a change of pace from just listening to plain ol' music or podcasts.
  • FairlyOddChelle
    FairlyOddChelle Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I've heard of Zombies Run. But, I'm guessing one can't use that while walking, right? I still need a long way to go before I can run, so...hopefully soon!
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    world of warcraft
  • wolf39us
    wolf39us Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I just load stepmania up and put it on endless mode on hard, then I play til I drop or run out of breath.

I played today actually because it was too hot to cycle. I have an insane amount of songs that I'm willing to share if anyone wants. I think DDR is definitely one of the more intense games.

I have two of these pads that I bought a couple if years ago

http://www.precisiondancepads.com/index.php?id_product=8&controller=product&id_lang=1