Thank You MFP Mean Peopl

Options
Hey Mean, err, I mean blunt, smug, err...what's the right adjective...successful, correct, educated, using information backed by science mfp community.

Why do I say that?

Well, recently my hrm strap broke and I'm, honestly, a little lost for psychological reasons, not physical reasons. And that is thanks to you wonderful people. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

See after almost a year of lurking in the forums and collecting my own data. Yes, I weigh daily but only to collect data so I understand my body more. I take measurements biweekly, I bought a hrm, a studied and learned about TDEE, BMR, RMR, NEAT and macros all after reading and learning from the forums.

When I first started I fell into the 1200 calorie trap for 2 months. But I won't go there. Recently I've gotten much better at tracking my calories and I always try to net my BMR even though I follow the TDEE method of eating. That leads me to my current dilemma.

I'm active, more like on the go from the time I leave my day job until I go the bed. I work part-time at a barn taking care of 20+ horses, I ride daily plus ground work and stall cleaning, etc. Plus try to fit in a work out. And I have four herding dogs and a house.

So I have become dependent on my hrm to track what I burn to ensure I am eating the appropriate amount of calories because it is not unusual for me to burn 800-1400 calories in a day give or take.

I would like to thank you all because while I am waiting for my new strap I can semi-accurately track the calories I am burning because I have learned by reading what you have written to many other members and you have led me to many useful websites full of valuable information about how to eat for my activities.

You all rock!!

Unfortunately I am having an operation in 10 days but I will be ready to start lifting heavy when I recover so I will be back asking where to start because that I am a little clueless about:ohwell: But I know I will not be led astray.

Replies

• afortunatedragon
    afortunatedragon Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    All the best for your surgery :flowerforyou:
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    All the best for your surgery :flowerforyou:

Thank you!
  • nerdymathgrrl
    nerdymathgrrl Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I hope your surgery goes well, and I'm sure you'll be back to kicking *kitten* in no time!