butt shaper shoes

Options
I bought a pair before school started and have been wearing them to work every day. I did not think they were working, but then my oldest daughter told me that my butt did not look as lumpy and my calves were "amazing". Then last night I caught my hubby staring at my booty! Yay!
Does anyone else have a pair? Does anyone know if they have any adverse side Effects?

Replies

• jdsouthernbelle
    Options
    What kind did you buy?
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/127284-bad-news-for-shape-ups

I personally don't use them. I have very large and wide feet. 15 size widith 2E/4E. I stick with what shoe industry call "Motion Control" type shoes.
    It comes down to personal use. Some people swear by them, others says its just your mind wanting to believe they work.
  • jacqlynnmarie
    jacqlynnmarie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I bought the easy tones and the run tones from reebok and I love them. I dont use them everyday because I do have to dress up for work. But I am not sure about any adverse side affects.
  • 6Janelle13
    6Janelle13 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I own 2 pairs of shape ups (one pair my mother in law donated because she didn't like them.) I love mine but i only use them on the flat hallways of the hospital. they have helped my back so much over the past year and i no longer have achy feet or lower back strain. that being said i can imagine them being dangerous on uneven ground. I don't know if my butt has improved but my comfort has and that's what counts for me
  • azlady7
    azlady7 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I recently read a study done on them (from msn.com there was a link) and they (fitness experts, scientists etc) did tests on the different types of 'weight loss' and 'toning' shoes and they concluded that they dont work. I have no idea really but I basically wont pay that much for shoes (odd I know..since I am a chick lol)
  • Tabs_A
    Tabs_A Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of the rebook easy tone shoes and I love them. I wear them at work (in a hospital) and they are very comfortable. I've had them for a while now and haven't noticed anything adverse. I haven't noticed my legs or butt being any better (but I still have a bit of weight to loose so maybe it just doesn't show) but I know that they do work the muscles, really noticed it after I was on vacation and didn't wear them for 3 weeks then but them back on. If you're worried about adverse side affects just listen to your body if you don't notice anything bad I wouldn't worry!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I recently read a study done on them (from msn.com there was a link) and they (fitness experts, scientists etc) did tests on the different types of 'weight loss' and 'toning' shoes and they concluded that they dont work. I have no idea really but I basically wont pay that much for shoes (odd I know..since I am a chick lol)

yeah they were on my list for santa, but once i read a few articles about how they don't actually work, i asked santa for an excercise ball instead lol
  • helloiloveukitty
    helloiloveukitty Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Ive worn thru 2 pairs of reebok easy tones. loved them but I tend to be hard on shoes. I can't prove or disprove that they done anything for my legs and butt but Ive heard that they really don't do much and obviously are no sub for the gym / working out but they are super comfy and I wear mine for most workouts.
  • Shash27
    Shash27 Posts: 172
    Options
    I have the Reebok Run Tones. I love them. Not sure if it's them doing something..it's more likely the time spent on the elliptical :-) But I think they are comfortable and they absorb some shock pretty well :-)
  • AmeliaDouglas
    AmeliaDouglas Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I have Sketcher's Shape-ups and Reebok Runtone shoes. I LOVE the reebok shoes. The Sketcher's shoes drove me nuts because people were always asking about them (they look like moon boots!) and I figured what they wanted to know was if my butt was looking good or not, so my response was always "you can check my butt out when I leave if you want to know."
    I honestly think my butt looks better. I have worn the shoes for months and my butt and legs look great. My butt is visibly higher in the air than before. You can also tell by squeezing your butt (with your fingers) while you walk a few steps in the shoes, then in bare feet. Your butt is totally flexed and hard while you walk in the shoes.
    I got the Reebok Runtone shoes more recently because the Sketcher's shoes weren't good for working out in (they don't hold your foot in very well). I fell down once walking outside with the Sketcher's shoes, and totally blame them! One good thing about the Sketcher's shoes is that they make you an inch taller, which is always nice, I like being 5'9"!
    I absolutely recommend Reebok Runtone shoes. They feel great and are awesome for working out in, really good shoes!:smile:
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    I have similar type shoes, different brand. I was totally skeptical, but everyone said that they were comfortable, so I bought a pair. I love them. And my calves are amazing, and I am pretty sure I owe that partially to the shoes, because I never thought they looked that great before.
  • resptech97
    Options
    I saw Dr. Oz do a show about the "crazes" or fads. These shoes were one of them. He gave them a thumbs DOWN!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options

yeah they were on my list for santa, but once i read a few articles about how they don't actually work, i asked santa for an excercise ball instead lol

I'm glad I'm not the only one asking Santa for exercise gear this year. lol
  • crossfittb
    Options
    They may be comfortable but just wearing a pair of shoes will not help you to lose weight, tone up or get in shape. If weight loss/toning are your goals then you need to get serious about your diet. Your diet will control or destroy your weight loss efforts.

Check out Sean Croxton on YouTube.com for some eye opening information on nutrition.
    You can also visit his website at www.undergroundwellness.com

Good luck with shoes!
  • photo_kyla
    photo_kyla Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I've had a pair of Reebok Easy Tones for about 9 months. I love them. I'm not sure if they have done anything to make my butt perkier, but they are extremely comfortable and have held up well with daily use. The only difficulty I've seen it that since the soles aren't flat, sometimes it is easier to roll my ankle. If you have a problem with your ankle rolling in or out, you have to focus a little more on how place your feet. I got mine for about $80, so that's about the same price as the regular Nikes or Reeboks I saw.
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I don't have a pair but I have two friends that bought the Reebok Easy Tones and LOVE them. I haven't noticed a difference in either of their butt's or legs but they both complain less about their backs & that's enough reason for me to want a pair!!
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the input everyone! I bought a pair of knockoffs from Ross for $30 and will definitely be replacing them with new ones when they wear out!
  • cindymccauley
    Options
    I got a pair this summer & although my husband has always been amazed by my legs & behind, even he has commented about how much fuller my calves are and tighter my butt is! I have been a walker for many years, adding other types of exercise here & there, but these shoes have really made a difference for me if MY husband notices! I walk 3-5 days a week for 4-6 miles. I have tried the shoes at the gym recently for step class, too, and at first it felt very unstable, but I've gotten used to it now.
    I don't know about all the studies, but I do know these shoes work for me!
  • rundgrenfan
    Options
    I got the skechers shape ups and I like them, but I fell down the stairs with them in the spring and broke my leg. I can wear only them and keen shoes now, everything else in my closet hurts my ankle seven months after the break. I love the way my legs feel at the end of the day with the skechers, I didn't really buy them for the butt thing!
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I have the Payless version of the Easytone shoes (Champion brand I think). I noticed right away that my shins didn't hurt while walking. Very comfortable and I think they work pretty well. I would buy another pair.