Can you motivate me?

Options
Batesey35
Batesey35 Posts: 30 Member
Hi,

I have regained my MFP mojo after about 8mths in a junk food limbo. I have seen the light (through the newly acquired 14lbs!) and want to try again to shift the weight and improve my health and fitness.

I need some motivational friends who log and exercise regularly to inspire me to continue. I am slowly getting back into running so anyone with hints, tips and advice would be a very welcome addition to my MFP family.

Sense of humour essential (this sounds like a personal ad!)

Looking forward to it!

Replies

• gettingthere6
    Options
    I have been doing a meal plan service (shrinkingonabudgetmealplan) that focuses on weight watchers and have for the first time in years actually steadily lost weight. My weight loss service directed me here for help with exercise. I have been basically sedentary for 2 years (knee issues) but I am ready to get back to running. Any thoughts about websites for getting started from ground zero? I know you are asking for motivation so I thought I would share the meal plans that got me jump started. Can you hook me up with help for the running?
  • JenD1066
    JenD1066 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Greetings!
    I don't know if I can motivate you, but generally feel vaguely motivational. (Not in a Tony Robbins kind of way.) I've been doing quite well on here for about six weeks. (My exercise routine is off this weekend due to Mother's Day and Mimosas.)
    I post every day, and my diary is open. Feel free to add me. (Sending a friend request.)
  • linkmissy13
    linkmissy13 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    One thing that has helped me with my running, is joining a running group. I'm held accountable to go every sat morning with them and in order for me to keep up with them I have to do 2 additional days on my own. One thing my running friends have told me is "you can't exercise your way out of a bad diet" ....so true. So right now I'm needing encouragement to stay away from high fat high sugary foods. Sounds like fun, huh? :)