I feel disgusting. I am disgusting.

Options
13»

Replies

• EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Forget your brother. The issue is in the title.

It tells me that you do not value yourself. It is already hard to consistently track and work on improving one's self but I have a very hard time seeing how anyone can, day in, day out, succeed with an attitude of self-hate. The mental attitude that allows one to have a plan and follow it to success probably needs a better position or, at the very least, you end up fighting yourself and the "I'm not worth it" mental state for a very long time.

As has been mentioned, see someone to manage this, or figure it out for yourself. But IMHO, you are setting yourself up for failure until you deal with that.

I do not suggest you lie to yourself but that you see the subtle difference of attitude and how it can help you.

There is a difference between - "I find where I am today disgusting, I am unhappy with it. I am improving and working on this. These are the things I see that are good. These are my wins for today. This is where I am headed. I am making it."

.. and..

"I feel disgusting. I am disgusting."

Here, perhaps this will help a little; it's a blog entry about Mental Lifting:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/EvgeniZyntx/view/heavy-mental-lifting-658116

Good luck.
  • gglcga4and8
    gglcga4and8 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This could be the wake up we all need. Take it as a positive and do not say anything to anyone.justdecide to get fit and lose the weight and the boot will be on the other foot if you show him the gorgeous you when you have done it. You are lovely inside anyway . Good Luck .x
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Happy Mother's Day JoMo - you are a mother, you created life. There is nothing disgusting about that.

I think you need to find someone professional to talk to about this self-talk that you have going on.

But I kinda just wanna give you a big ol' hug too :flowerforyou:
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    You are loved--look around you at your BF and children. You are not disgusting! My "prescription" is to tell yourself that in front of a mirror at least three times a day.

Your brother is insensitive. What brother isn't at times? You can have the picture removed. Tell him that either he takes it off or FB will remove it at your request when you report him for posting it against your wishes.

Sure, I'd be ticked too. But make him eat his words this time next year, when you're down several dress sizes. I'd use that picture as fuel for the fire it made inside me and literally run with it!

Agreed.....especially the last part!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

ETA You've got 3 kids & you're only 23......your body hasn't had much 'rest time' between babies.