IIFYM

Options
fit_war
fit_war Posts: 985 Member
Hi! Trying to adjust my macros but I think im confused. Anyone who can help me please?
5'3
166 pounds
25 minutes of cardio everyday
Lifting everyday (1.5 hours.. im to slow though

Replies

• arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Whats your fitness/weight goals? Gotta give us more details before anyone can help.
  • vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    Options
    When I set macros I usually do between 0.6 to 0.8 grams of protein per lb of bodyweight minimum. 0.3 to 0.45 grams of fat per lb of bodyweight minimum. Then the rest of your calories can go to whatever macro you choose. Total calories will be determined through trial and error. Myself for example: I with 200 lbs so protein minimum is 200 x 0.8 = 160 grams. Fat is 0.4 x 200 = 80. 160 protein is 640 calories. 80 grams of fat is 720 calories. Together that's 1360 calories. I can lose weight on 2500 calories. That leaves me 1140 calories left after hitting minimums. I could use them all for carbs or use more of them for protein or fat if I desire. You'll need to figure out your total calories from trial and error. Just pick a reasonable starting number. Feel free to message me if you need help or are confused about how to calculate values for your weight.
  • fit_war
    Options
    Ok ... sorry (im new!) I want to lose fat and build muscle. Not looking to be skinny at all but I know I need to lose weight
  • nosebag1212
    nosebag1212 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    calculate tdee: http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

eat a 500-1000 cal deficit

ensure you get at least 0.82 gram protein per lb

ensure you get 0.45 grams fat per lb

fill remaining calories with carbs/however you want
  • fit_war
    Options
    Ok... doing the math again guys :) thanks!