Weigh 177 and want to reach 155 in 2 months

Options
I weigh 177 and I'm trying to reach 155 in 2 months. I had a baby 8 months ago and having a hard time getting this weight off. I was 140lbs before my pregnancy. I'm 5'3 and 177 is consider overweight. I'm starting the beginning stages of health problems (high blood pressure , high cholesterol ) my dr said I need to make a change while I'm still young. I would like to be smaller but I'm setting 1 goal at a time. Does anyone have any meal plan recommendations? Anyone on here had a similar goal. ? Also I was told to intake 1752 calories a day but I think I will stick to 1500 starting off

Replies

• KLangleydoula
    KLangleydoula Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Kim and my weight loss journey began two years ago. I was at my heaviest (225) and things were not good. I couldn't keep up with my kids, I was tired all the time, and my doctor told me that my cholesterol was on the rise! I decided something needed to change. I started walking, and eventually doing some weight training. I am down over 65 pounds! I feel so much better, and I love supporting and encouraging people to do the same. I would be happy to be an accountability partner with you. I still have some weight to lose, so we can work at it together! Getting your nutrition under control is a big key to losing weight. I can share what has worked for me if you are interested. If you work hard, I know you can reach your goal! So what do ya say? Are you in? If so, send me a buddy request!
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I'm 26, and I was 175 lbs this past august when I started losing weight. I'm 136 pounds as of today. So, 10 months... But I didn't start myfitnesspal until 3 months ago, and I've lost 18 pounds in those 3 months. I have learned a lot too.

I think you can do whatever you set your mind to, but 20 pounds is a lot in such a short time frame.

Just a tip-Don't start anything you can't stick to. I eat foods I like, my excersize is walking my dog or doing a yoga workout DVD I've had for 10 years. I eat at restaurants once or twice a week, and generally enjoy my life and my young kids.