Don't know what to do/scared and confused.... HELP ME!

For the past few months I have went from 150 pounds to 130 pounds. I am 6 feet tall, and believe that I have a bad body image. Even at 150, my BMI was just barely 20, and now it is close to 17(which is underweight). I am a teenage boy, and the more weight I loose, the worse I look at myself. My family has noticed how thin I have become and they are worried about me. I am in a very hard situation right now with how I see myself, and I feel disproportionate(larger thighs/legs, and very small upper body). Thin is in and it makes me feel like I need to be small and petite and I need help. I am not sure if I should maintain, gain, or even lose. This morning I weighed in at 129.5, and I have had a very limited appetite (which is odd because I am/ should be still growing. Please help me. I am not looking for trouble, just trying to find some help! Thank You

Replies

• Stilllosing26
    Stilllosing26 Posts: 256 Member
    please :(
  • princesstoadstool82
    princesstoadstool82 Posts: 371 Member
    Eat, lift weights and visit a councilor. . Good luck.
  • vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    Simple solution my friend. EAT! Simply eat more food. A lot more food. Thin is not in. Not at all. Especially not for men. FIT IS IN! I would feel safe gambling that the vast majority of women would prefer a buff, lean, guy over skin and bones. My advice to you would be to eat in a surplus and lift heavy weights. At this point you are extremely underweight. I am also 6'0 tall and weigh roughly 195 lbs in my profile picture.
  • Stilllosing26
    Stilllosing26 Posts: 256 Member
    Simple solution my friend. EAT! Simply eat more food. A lot more food. Thin is not in. Not at all. Especially not for men. FIT IS IN! I would feel safe gambling that the vast majority of women would prefer a buff, lean, guy over skin and bones. My advice to you would be to eat in a surplus and lift heavy weights. At this point you are extremely underweight. I am also 6'0 tall and weigh roughly 195 lbs in my profile picture.

You look how I aspire to look in your profile picture! I am just worried that I will get a beer belly, or thunder thighs if I do eat more! I guess I am just being irrational!
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    please get help.
  • vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member

You look how I aspire to look in your profile picture! I am just worried that I will get a beer belly, or thunder thighs if I do eat more! I guess I am just being irrational!
    That would only happen if you both gain the weight too quickly and don't do a heavy lifting routine. Since you are underweight, I'd shoot to gain 1lb a week for 6 months, then half a lb a week for 6 months after that. That will amount to about 36 lbs over the course of the year. If while you do this you also do a heavy barbell routine (google ice cream fitness 5x5) You will be looking SO MUCH BETTER!
  • kazandra47
    kazandra47 Posts: 1 Member
    You absolutely will not get "thunder thighs" or a "beer belly". Listen to your body - you are STARVING it. You are on myfitnesspal, so you have access to the resources you need to calculate how much you should be eating every day to get up to the weight your body needs to function properly. Like the above post says, you have many many more delicious meals between where you are right now and where you say you want to be. Watch the macronutrient categories as you put the weight back on to make sure you're getting the right mix of nutrients your body needs.