Some of you will fail.

Options
2»

Replies

• 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    On the other hand, some of you will succeed. :drinker: I've been here on maintenance for over three years now. It's easy and it's a habit now. I have no reason to stop. If you stick with it long enough to make it a habit and you decide you want it more than you want the comfort and familiarity of your old ways, then you'll do it and you'll end up loving it! :flowerforyou:

Me too. In it for life.
    Don't follow fad diets. Get rid of bad habits. For life.

So, is the glass half empty, or half full? Or is it just too damn big?

Half empty or half full, this just means there is more room in the glass for alcohol...

I like the way you think.
  • skinnysushicat
    skinnysushicat Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Some of your freinds may have had other health or family stuff they needed to deal with. Maybe they liked another diet app better or moved to a cave with no internet. Maybe they have been hospitalised, or lost all their weight some other way and decided MFP wasn't for them. Maybe some are dead, married, or went to the moon. Maybe they lost a bit and decided to take a break. Maybe they got too busy getting their PhD or finding a cure for cancer.

My point is, just because someone is not on MFP, does not mean they failed. Or that they are a failure.
  • ChristineRoze
    ChristineRoze Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I have failed before, i counted my calories once before and ended up putting back on weight, not all of it but enough to get me back on! I do hope that this is the time that it sticks forever.
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options

My point is, just because someone is not on MFP, does not mean they failed. Or that they are a failure.

Literally my ENTIRE thesis is summed up in the penultimate and final sentence and you ignored it...
  • skinnysushicat
    skinnysushicat Posts: 138 Member
    Options

Literally my ENTIRE thesis is summed up in the penultimate and final sentence and you ignored it...

Fair enough.
  • Eric_DeCastro
    Eric_DeCastro Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I agree, typing on a website i will not fail, this time I'm here for good, I need to change my life won't make it so unless you get out and do it. I have bad days and I get out and run. I have bad days where the day before I ate a meal I shouldn't have, but the next day, I'm back on the horse and back to business. it just depends on the person if they really want a change and willing to sacrifice their time (which is really all they are sacrificing) and do something to better themselves. some people tell me they wish they had my motivation to get out everyday (except recovery days) and run 6 miles. I'm at the point where 6 miles is my normal and today I must muster the energy to run 9 miles. I have done it once, i can do it again. I won't stop until 10 miles is my new normal. I want it that bad. I'm willing to take the time to train no matter what. this is part of me now, I won't and can't give up.
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    Pure inspiration right here.