Carbs and Suger - Cravings

Options
HELP

My body craves carbs and sugar in a big way, so when it comes to dieting this is one of the areas I need to reduce on to achieve my goal weight.

When I do cut back I find my body reacts like a two year old throwing a tantrum and I end up with massive migraine headaches, have little energy and just want to sleep.

I have 10kg to loose and want to beat the cravings and ongoing need for carbs and sugar. Can anyone give any suggestions on how to beat the cravings and withdrawal side effects?

Many thanks

Replies

• earnest_
    earnest_ Posts: 2
    Options
    it's not terribly fulfilling in terms of carbs or sugars, but frozen grapes make esculent and healthy low-calorie snacks for when you're craving sugary junk or sweetened foods. stuff some in the freezer and give it a go!

other than that, most cravings can be beaten by downing a large glass of water or green tea. the latter also boosts your metabolism, so it's two in one. if you're getting migraines, though, are you sure these aren't just what your body needs? perhaps just consume them in a lesser amount?
  • smileyjules70
    smileyjules70 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Many thanks, will try the frozen grapes. I have tried the glass of water and green tea options in past but have found this does not subside the cravings, if anything they worsen.

I have even tried turning to fruit rather than sugary lollies, chocolate sugar drinks or biscuits, however this also has not helped.

I am not diabetic however I think as I have had a lot of sugar in my diet from my early 20s my body has become dependant hence the migraines when I try to reduce or stop totally.

I guess the only way is to do this one at a time, first the sugar, then the carbs and then finally the coffee.

When I was younger it did not effect me due to a really high metabolism however now it has resulted in me being 10kg heavier than I should be.