Can you burn extra calories that you've eaten on the followi

Options
Hi guys, Can anyone please help me out?

I've totally lost the plot today and eaten all the wrong foods so am 500(something) calories over my limit...i wanted to use my cross trainer for 30mins to burn it off but my little girl has gone to bed and the noise from it keeps waking her up (we have a 2 bed apartment!!)

So my question is can i just do double exercise tomorrow to get back on track and burn those calories?

Kind Regards
Tammie

Replies

• GrayJohn
    Options
    Sometimes if you go over it's actually good for you. Keeps your body guessing... it's saying "am I on a diet or not?" if you've been working out this week then don't worry about it. Carry on as you are and don't stress about it. It's not the end of the world. Just don't make it a habit.
  • shannonkk
    shannonkk Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I have done that a few times, and it seemed to work out in my favor.
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Agree with GrayJohn... each day is a new day. Just get back on track tomorrow!
  • nhendri
    nhendri Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    If you were using weight watchers I believe this possible. They have the point system and you are aloted so many points a week and if you dont use your daily points you can save them up. I know others on mfp that change up their eating throughout the week so some days they eat more then others. May I suggest still doing any activity that will burn calories. You may not burn the 500 but reducing that number seems like a good option.
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Sometimes if you go over it's actually good for you. Keeps your body guessing... it's saying "am I on a diet or not?" if you've been working out this week then don't worry about it. Carry on as you are and don't stress about it. It's not the end of the world. Just don't make it a habit.

Congrats on your weight loss!! 133pounds??? WOW!!! :drinker:
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    You cannot save calories from one day to another. The beauty of it though is that it is good to "calorie shift" so just make sure you are not over tomorrow as every day when you get up you hit your "reset" button and can start all over.
  • Tammiemoore1982
    Options
    Thanks guys your the best !! thats really helped!!:flowerforyou:
  • pellenga
    pellenga Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Actually I don’t believe that’s 100% true. It takes a deficiency of 3500 calories to lose a pound of fat. So if you spread that deficiency over a week, it’s kind of like saving calories from one day to another. So I would say doing the extra exercise would help reach that deficiency level for the week and keep you on track. :happy:
  • SouthernBell86
    SouthernBell86 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I really think that occasionally going over is good for your body, in order to keep it guessing, and your mind, so you don't mentally feel that you are deprived. One day of going over by 500 isn't a huge deal, but feeling diet fatigued and quitting is. I would give yourself slack and not overdo it tomorrow. Also, if you think about it, you probably go under your calorie allowance by a little or a lot from time to time, and this is just sort of balancing that.

Now, if it becomes a regular thing, then you might want to figure out ways you can fit in burning extra calories to make up for the extra you are eating. I've been walking in place and pumping some light weights during the few tv shows I have time to watch - it's a lot quieter than an exercise machine, and you can change up your moves to prevent boredom and get all your muscles nice and warm :)