1,000 Calorie Challenge

Options
Has anyone tried the 1,000 Calorie Challenge/Six Pack Abs Project? Was just looking at it and wondering if it's worth it. I have 30 lbs left to lose, and I want to be one hot mama when I'm done.

If you've tried it: How are the workouts (besides challenging)? Exactly what do you do? I have access to a gym, and when I do go, I'm there for an hour or two. I don't mind a little hard work. Heaven knows I've put some in to drop nearly 75 lbs!

Replies

• Dafrog
    Dafrog Posts: 353
    Options
    i wouldnt suggest going on any 1000 calorie diet. if you cut to many calories of your diet then you are going to go into stravation mode. looks like you have done a great job in your journey. you might try changing up your exercise routine. i dont think the last 30 is going to come off as easy as the first 30.
  • crissi66
    Options
    I know that you should be careful when cutting your calories. I just started using this site at my brothers suggestion. They recommend 1300 calories for me a day. I seem to hover around 1000 though. That is with breakfast, lunch, dinner and two reasonable snaks. If you are able to cut some things out and not sacrafice your energy level or make your self light headed, then go for it!! Congrats on the weight loss!! I hope i can say the same thing in a few months.
  • sjaudio
    sjaudio Posts: 52
    Options
    I'm not familiar with the workout/challenge. Are you trying to consume less than 1000 calories a day, or trying to burn an extra 1000 calories? I would completely avoid the former. As mentioned by Dafrog, you'll probably end up putting your body into starvation mode. At the very least you'll end up throwing your metabolism out of whack once you trying eating normally again. If you're going for the later, I routinely burn between 1000 and 2000 extra calories per day when I'm at the gym (down 18 pounds in seven weeks). Somedays are harder to keep the intensity up than others, but it's not impossible and I don't feel weak or fatigued (other than the expected light soreness form the weightlifting).
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    The program gives you a set of workouts that helps you burn 1,000 calories per workout. I would continue to track my calories through MFP & probably not drop below 1200 cals on any given day. There are only a couple days a week the program suggests you drop really low (eat 1,000 cals-- but I personally don't think I'd go under 1,200), and you eat normally the rest of the week, and even have cheat days where you eat exactly what you want.
  • alantin
    alantin Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried the 1,000 Calorie Challenge/Six Pack Abs Project? Was just looking at it and wondering if it's worth it. I have 30 lbs left to lose, and I want to be one hot mama when I'm done.

If you've tried it: How are the workouts (besides challenging)? Exactly what do you do? I have access to a gym, and when I do go, I'm there for an hour or two. I don't mind a little hard work. Heaven knows I've put some in to drop nearly 75 lbs!

The hard part is that it's more about patience than hard work. I'm pretty close to my target weight and have had a real hard time dropping lately. Still, eating less than before to speed things up isn't the answer since it is natural for the progress to slow as fat becomes scarce. It gets harder to access the remaining fat storages which leads to muscle tissue becoming more and more attractive source of energy for the body. To minimize the loss of muscle tissue you need to make sure the deficit doesn't get much greater than 300-500 Kcal a day when you get close to your goal.
    I don't know what the "1,000 Calorie Challenge/Six Pack Abs Project" is but if it includes restricting daily consumed Calories to 1000 Kcal, it sounds like it's tailored to burn the abs away and keeping the fat..
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    http://www.1000caloriechallenge.com

It doesn't restrict you every day to 1000 cals, just a couple days of the week. The rest you eat as you normally would, and even cheat one day.

The program is a circuit training system that helps you burn 1,000 cals each time you do it.

Was just wondering if anyone had actually invested the $75 into it and done it, what their results were, etc.