Hi! Everyone.

Options
I am new to this forum. A friend at work told me about it and its great. My goal at my age is not to have a smoking hot body, those days are over for me but I would like to have a strong, healthy one. I am addicted to sugar and white flour. I often refer to them as my cocaine. Once I start consuming them I can't stop. I prayed about it and I pray every day. The cravings have stopped but I don't ever want to relapse so I must commit myself every day. It will take just one serving of sugar or white flower and I will be in my disease again. I can't stop. My compulsion is killing me. I have diabeties and hbp. Since omitting those two things from my diet both chronic diseases have become manageable. I read the post on here and they really help me. Thanks everyone. I look forward to talking to each of you.

Replies

• Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    wormy_waving.gif
    Welcome to MFP, it is a great tool to help you.
  • lv2r1de
    lv2r1de Posts: 17
    Options
    It sounds like you're on the right track. Being accountable for every little thing has really helped me focus on what I'm putting into my body everyday. I've omited alot, but on occasion, after I meet a specific goal or something, I'll treat myself.
    Stay strong and keep up the good work. This site really helps!

Becky =)
  • CrystalCn
    Options
    I'm glad your working on getting on track, I think the first few weeks may be the hardest but if you make it to where its easy to stick to, you should have great success! I pray you reach your goals! I myself am working on getting my high cholesterol down to a healthy level. Good luck!
  • joy2827
    Options
    I have been doing this site for about a week now. I'm in the midst of trying to get healthy and am always looking for others to share this journey with. It's always nice to know you're not alone out there! I don't really know how to add friends and such on here just yet since i really haven't been doing much on the community side of this thing, but I am looking forward to adding friends and hearing about other's approaches to getting fit.
  • JayneWilson1963
    JayneWilson1963 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I have been on MFP for 3 months, starting my 4th. It's the best decision I have made in many years. I have lost weight with diets many times before, but it was never a lifestyle change. This time is different; it's a lifestyle change, not a diet. Good luck on your weight loss journey. Please feel free to add me as a friend; we can help motivate each other.
  • doloca2001
    Options
    You are a role model to everyone with the walking you do. I admire the goals that u have set for yourself. I myself need to walk more but I don't make time for it. Hopefully I can start. You are an inspiration.