Adjusting Calories

Options
Does anyone adjust their calorie intake for different days?? For example, I have myself on "lightly active" during my work day, and 75% of the time that is true.... however I work in a nursing home and I do a lot of wheel chair pushing and some days are much more active than others. On days like today, I was on my feet for a good 2 1/2 hours and pushed residents from one end of the home to the other (it's a large facility - there are 340 residents!) and I'll tell you some of these residents are NOT small and it takes a lot to push some of them. However not every day is like that most of the time I'm "lightly active" So on days like today when I'm A LOT more than "lightly active" should I adjust my calorie intake?? I'm just curious what other people do. Thanks!!!

Replies

• elainegsd
    elainegsd Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    On those other days, I would probably just count on the extra exercise helping me lose a little more weight...
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    just know that if you change your amount for one day, it effects all the other days in the past.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I'd just include it as something like walking up hill on the days you do more stuff :)
  • glyndam
    glyndam Posts: 18
    Options
    I would put in under exercise, and that will show you how many calories you burned. Gives you extra calories for that day.
  • Rappla88
    Rappla88 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input!! The only reason I'm really concerned is that I'm doing P90x (I'm on week 5) and I felt like I didn't have enough energy to do my workout today, I did it and pushed through it and now I'm feeling completely wrecked. I was thinking that maybe I didn't eat enough today and maybe I should have eaten a little more to give me some more energy.
  • elainegsd
    elainegsd Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input!! The only reason I'm really concerned is that I'm doing P90x (I'm on week 5) and I felt like I didn't have enough energy to do my workout today, I did it and pushed through it and now I'm feeling completely wrecked. I was thinking that maybe I didn't eat enough today and maybe I should have eaten a little more to give me some more energy.

That would be the reason to bump up your calories for the day... feeling wrecked after a workout.