daily activity varies widely - how do I keep track?

Options
2»

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions.
    I am going to look into fitbit, it sounds it would work for me. In the mean time I am going to set mfp to sedentary, and then manually add the steps tracked by my phone as extra calories, and see how I go. I'm in no mad rush, so if after a couple of weeks I'm not losing I'll try a different approach.

Whatever approach and calorie goal you choose you need to give it at least 4-6 weeks to see if you're getting results.
  • skinnysushicat
    skinnysushicat Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Thanks, that's really informative. Most days then I am low or lightly active, but when I work all day I am sedentary. I guess I could just adjust my calories on a daily basis!
    I did the goals thingy on mfp based on lightly active, and it tells me to eat 1310 calories a day for a 1lb loss. Ouch. :(
  • stephiedaniel63
    Options
    Its better you deploy certain tool so that it will help you manage your tasks and maintain a clear picture of getting the things on the right track. One tool even I am using, the cloud based hours tracking tool from Replicon - http://www.replicon.com/olp/hours-tracking-software.aspx . The hassle free tool featured with user friendly and calendar based interface makes it an intuitive tool to get the work on track.
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions.
    I am going to look into fitbit, it sounds it would work for me. In the mean time I am going to set mfp to sedentary, and then manually add the steps tracked by my phone as extra calories, and see how I go. I'm in no mad rush, so if after a couple of weeks I'm not losing I'll try a different approach.

Whatever approach and calorie goal you choose you need to give it at least 4-6 weeks to see if you're getting results.

Exactly. Also, you're either a gadget person or not. I found a $10 pedometer worked better for me because I didn't want to bring my phone with me to the bathroom at work or down to the trash/mailbox, etc.

If I really made an effort to add steps and made it to 10k without an 'intentional' workout - I might log 30-60 min walking. Everyone is different.

I use the notes section under both exercise and food diaries to describe my day.