Serious question about push up bras

Options

Replies

• DucklingtoSwan
    DucklingtoSwan Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    As I type this, I am sitting next to two little tins on my desk for collecting loose change, labeled for my planned rewards when I hit my half way and final goals: "Tatt fund" and then "Boob lift fund." :drinker:
  • tlcarolinagirl
    tlcarolinagirl Posts: 1,700 Member
    Options
    As I type this, I am sitting next to two little tins on my desk for collecting loose change, labeled for my planned rewards when I hit my half way and final goals: "Tatt fund" and then "Boob lift fund." :drinker:

I am doing the same thing, well except I have the money in a savings! Rib tat for another 20 lbs lost and bewb job for 40 more. :drinker:

As for bras, I stick with VS, bc they are the most comfy to me and give me the best lift....though I don't like my bewbs touching or smooshed together..maybe bc I don't have enough for them to do it? I'm not sure what size VS goes up to, though. Good luck, sweetheart!
  • CharleePear
    CharleePear Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    Ahhh if only I could actually work so my income was better. Boob lift? That would cost so much money here!
    Though I have to say I do spend what little money I have on a gym membership and getting my back tat finished.
    I guess I just have to love my boobs no matter what they look like, even as deflated balloons.
    I will have to shop around, not a lot of variety in the stores here in NZ but will keep trying till I find one that actually lifts my boobs without having to cover the whole boob. LOL
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    You can be sexy without splaying your boobs in people's faces. Just sayin. :smokin:
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Ahhh if only I could actually work so my income was better. Boob lift? That would cost so much money here!
    Though I have to say I do spend what little money I have on a gym membership and getting my back tat finished.
    I guess I just have to love my boobs no matter what they look like, even as deflated balloons.
    I will have to shop around, not a lot of variety in the stores here in NZ but will keep trying till I find one that actually lifts my boobs without having to cover the whole boob. LOL

To Nanna bras we say NO! I want a sexy balconnette bra :sad:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    34J?!?!?!

I didn't even know that there was a J!

How are your boobs NOT touching?!?!

I think pics might be required to appropriately assess the situation. :wink:
  • CharleePear
    Options
    You can be sexy without splaying your boobs in people's faces. Just sayin. :smokin:

Who says that's what I want to do? Just cos you want a little cleavage doesn't mean you want it 'displayin' in people's faces sugar.

I have decided to look for a nice uplifting bra and that will be my second milestone reward.

For the record my usual clothing is band t-shirts, or medium cut tops or sweaters. It's just for those rare occasions I go out, I want to feel sexy. I am single, and I don't get out much. Nuffin wrong with wanting pretty looking girls for those occasions.
  • surfinbird_1981
    surfinbird_1981 Posts: 946 Member
    Options

Who says that's what I want to do? Just cos you want a little cleavage doesn't mean you want it 'displayin' in people's faces sugar.

I have decided to look for a nice uplifting bra and that will be my second milestone reward.

For the record my usual clothing is band t-shirts, or medium cut tops or sweaters. It's just for those rare occasions I go out, I want to feel sexy. I am single, and I don't get out much. Nuffin wrong with wanting pretty looking girls for those occasions.

This!! There is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to feel sexy!
    I have a nice rack, some days I cover up, some days I don't and if someone has a problem with that..they can jolly well bugger off or look the other way.

Just sayin. :smokin:
  • CharleePear
    Options
    34J?!?!?!

I didn't even know that there was a J!

How are your boobs NOT touching?!?!

I think pics might be required to appropriately assess the situation. :wink:

Nice try chicken pie. For a real answer to sizes go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brassiere_measurement#Sizing_Chart
  • CharleePear
    Options
    This is what I will be looking for lol. This is what my tatas used to do.

Female_breasts_75d.jpg

Anyway, I think I have established I need to just look around everywhere.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    The openness on these boards never ceases to amaze me...

...and that's coming from me!
  • twiggypal
    twiggypal Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    dribble...... :-)
  • phuckingbadasscutie
    phuckingbadasscutie Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    I buy victorias secret bras...I love them! My size there is 36DDD and after 4 kids my boobs still like the above pic. Good luck with your shopping OP!
  • Insomniac8
    Insomniac8 Posts: 182
    Options
    Why do you think they must touch to be sexy?!!!
  • kaaaaylee
    kaaaaylee Posts: 398
    Options
    Go to a bra store and get re-sized. Sounds like you're wearing the wrong size, you probably need to go down in rib size.
  • CharleePear
    Options
    I have been sized wrongly for years on high end bra stores. Trust me, I have done research, googled, watched videos, Not every bra actually fits the same so I am everything from a NZ size 12-14/FF-H (US 34-36/G-J) not every bra I own fits well, mainly cos I have been given some as gifts cos I am on welfare (or as we say in NZ the benefit). I am hoping to get at least ONE nice push up bra (or perky breast bra of any kind that allows sexy clothing and boobs similar to pic for when I do go out which happens every few months)

See link up the thread for guides to measure for your size.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    What you want is a bra with side support. Any bra that pushes the tissue toward the center or up will increase the cleavage. Check out Figleaves.com. They ship all over the world in various currencies.

Look specifically for padded plunge bras, demi-cup push-up bras, padded balconette bras, and low cut sports bras. The way to move that tissue around into what you think is a more appealing look is to pad the side of the bra and force the tissue toward the center. You can even buy those little football shaped biscuits at sewing stores (or make them with a piece of foam) and add them to your current bras. It will give you extra support to get the side boob to be more front boob.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

Um...
    You said it...

Cleavage = splayed boobies

And when they are bigger than a DD cup, they are in people's faces, whether you realize it or not. There's nothing wrong with that, in the right setting, but at the same time, you can look drop dead sexy with the girls fully covered too. Cleavage does not always mean sexy either.

sexy =/= boobs
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    The openness on these boards never ceases to amaze me...

...and that's coming from me!

QFT
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    You can buy gel inserts (a.k.a. chicken nuggets) at Walmart here. You put them at the outer lower edges of your bra and they round you out and push your boobs together. They are not too expensive and you can switch them from bra to bra. As a temp fix until your weight settles they are not bad.